No Biggie

About 20 minutes before my shift ended i feel my phone vibrate against my side i flip it out of my pocket and read the name ,it was Dan i decided against reading it....for 5 seconds then i gave in 'Sorry about this morning, dinner tonight? x ' the text read,a slight smile began to show. "ALEXA" millie shouts as she caught me reading on the job we both look at each other and laugh,as we both know she is worse ...a lot worse she's the most non professional boss i knew and in a way i was glad.
I decided that i wouldn't reply as i would be seeing him soon anyway.

I walked into my unlocked apartment to find Dan sitting on the settee flicking through notes that he quickly whiped away and put them into his back pocket. "Lexa!" He got up and walked towards me "look about thi.."
For once it was me cutting him off "Dan its fine ,you dont need to apologise " a small smile appers on his face and i walk through to the kitchen to out away the bread i brought from the cornershop.
"Tables booked at 8" Dans voice almost wispers
"Confident id say yes were you" i throw a smug look
"I was willing to take the chance." He smiles . Fuck it was already 7.15 what would i wear ,was it posh ?? Ah if only he'd just tell me he was so stubborn.
I walk into my room looking off into the mirror and back at my wardrobe ,i decide on a brown suede skirt with a white shirt tucked in . Not to smart but not to ...tramp like i hoped anyway, i walked out to find Dan coming from the settee to meet me "not to urgh?" I ask hoping he knew urgh was bad.
"Al.." he pauses leaving me in suspense for his answer,
"You couldnt look urgh if you tried" he laughs and leans in
I stand there like a lemon not knowing what to say ,i let out a laugh and brush past Dan to get my shoes ,all black custom Vans.

We walked together down the ever dimming ally not hand-holding
But together conversation flowing. "Sorry about the walk ,i have a bike at home ...but i doubt you'd want to ride that " he stares at me with his dark sunglasses even though it was quite dark outside, i try to ignore the fact that could his bike reference be more than just a 'ride' to a restaurant.
He finally after about half hour of walking "The Diverse Fisher" sign glows infront of me...did he know this was my favourite place?.

We sit down in a quiet corner seat as the waiter brings the menu ,i knew he had been here before at the quicknes of which he chose his food me being no slower ,Our drinks were placed in front of us ,guess thats one plus of no transport you can drink.
"Dan " i look at him and he takes of his sunglasses and takes a breath
"Nothing stupid happened last night right?" I ask, nervous for the answer
"Apart from you thinking you could play guitar ..no nothing " he laughs and takes a sip from his bottle. I believe him ,he would be honest with me right?? "Oh was i that bad ?" I ask taking the seriousness out of it
"Well...it was different " he says in his nicest attempt to say i was shit.
"You never said why you wanted to move in , i mean you dont go the college ??" I look at him
"Want to kick me out already ay?" He laughs "no its because um " he seemed uncomfortable about it "my band have this trial for a recording company" he looks around
"Omg Dan thats great ,you never said anything before"
"Well i didnt have to ...its no biggie " here he goes again being stubborn and saying its not a big deal when uh yeah it kinda is.
Lost in conversation we fail to see the waiter who has his hands clenched around the bill that he places in the middle, i rummage for change in my bag
"No Al il pay " Dan looks across from the table
"Sure ..i mean i can.."
" I'll pay" and he hands over the money plus tip
"Aww thanks Dan that was sweet" my eyes light up
and the events from before were forgotten as we fled the restaurant as happy as ever in the dark moonlit night.