Chapter 4

Pearl was on the ship making sure that no one was going to steal from it when she saw a fellow with weird looking glass sneaking around the beach like he didn't want to be seen. While the man was crawling through the bushes Pearl decided to stalk him as well. Her gut was telling her that this man was up to no good. She also felt confident enough that if push did come to shove then she could take him on.

Boastful today are we?

"Shut up, I know I can." Pearl whispered harshly to nothing, she didn't care if Fenghuang actually paid her any mind or not. She was still getting used to the connection between her and the god. She still thought that she was somewhat crazy for going along with it for as long as she has, but there was nothing else she could remember that would tell her otherwise. It was also part of the reason she has yet to tell the others of her ability. As far as she knew she would be traveling with them for the foreseeable future. Luffy seemed adamant that she come along with them. She remembered that he wanted to check something out before she was let go. All she had to do was follow them, not make friends.

As Pearl followed behind the shady guy with the heart shaped glasses, it wasn't far until the guy came face to face with another man. Pearl had to hold her gasp as she realized who it was on the beach with the weird fellow. Klahadore.

It seems you're not the only one to catch these two

Pearl looked around and saw that Luffy and Usopp were on top of the cliff looking down at the two. "So it seems." Pearl strained her ears wanting to hear what they were talking about.

"The crew is ready Captain Kuro, you just need to give them the order." The weird fellow said as a sly smile grew on his face.

"They will have to wait a little longer, Jango." Pearl scowled in their direction as she realized that Klahadore wasn't a butler but rather a pirate, what she didn't know is for what reason. Why was he staging as a butler in syrup village?

"They grow rowdy every hour sir." Jango said as he tipped his hat forwards.

"By the morning tomorrow they will have what they want. However, before they are released to cause havoc in the town I want you to kill kaya and make it look like an accident."

"Yeah, I remember the plan, you don't need to repeat it to me."

"Good then I expect no problems from here on out."

Pearl looked to the top of the cliff and saw that Usopp was panicking, Luffy on the other hand leaned forwards and yelled down at the two. Pearl rolled her eyes at the stupid move. If they would have remained hidden then they could have gotten ready for a counter attack. The fellow named Jango looked up at Luffy and removed his glasses. A wicked smile grew on his pale face and he pulled out a round disk shaped weapon. Pearl wasn't quite sure what he was going to do with that.

Kuro waved his hand towards Luffy and it was then Jango started swinging the disk back and forth. In a split second Luffy was falling face first towards the ground. Pearl wanted to move but something was holding her back.

You will not.

"Fenghuang, what are you doing?" Pearl squirmed in her spot but couldn't budge an inch. "Are you doing this?" She asked as she tried to move, but it was too late. With a loud thud Luffy landed face first into the ground. Pearl grew speechless as she witnessed his death. Usopp on the other hand screamed in terror. Jango looked towards Kuro for a sign to take out Usopp. Yet, Kuro only shook his head before laughing maniacally.

"No one will believe you Usopp, you can try, but you'll fail." Without another word both Kuro and Jango walked away leaving Luffy face first on the ground.