Chapter 2: Facing the Unknown

*Y/N's POV*

"You look incredible babe." I said as I helped Wanda out of the passenger seat.

"Ms. Nash...may I take your keys for you." The valet boy asked as we arrived. I hand him over the keys as we begin to walk in. Of course, cameras and news reporter for the events, what's new.

"Wanda!" One of the reporters shouted to her.

"MJ! Hey!" Wanda said leaving my side and quickly giving a hug to one of the people she shadowed with during her internship at the Daily Bugle.

I patiently wait for Wanda not wanting to interrupt their conversation. Wanda comes back to me with a smirk on her face which I knew, she wanted something. She gently reaches out to grab my hands,

"Please baby, she just wants to ask you one question." I roll my eyes because she just looked too cute.

"Ms. Nash!" MJ shouted when I came over to her direction. Not only did the cameras start going off more, but this led other reporters to come near us which aggravated me because they were interrupting MJ from her question.

"Guys please. Give her some space please." I said trying to shoo them away. MJ quickly pushes her bangs away from her face as I look down to her waiting for her question.

"Oh thank you for you that." I chuckle at her.

"Are you okay?" I said not breaking eye contact to make sure she really was alright.

"Yes. Thank you. Ms. Nash, what motivates your work?"

I was not expecting that question because usually everyone wants to butt into my personal life or ask about Fisk and his people.

"Honestly it's really what my parents built this company for. Helping others to establish and let their companies grow and if the Nash's company can accompany in that, then I hope I've made my family proud."

"I heard you're one of the biggest contributors to F.E.A.S.T. How is it contributing to their mission statement?"

"F.E.A.S.T. has one of the best intentions in this area. It has a purpose and I believe it's a place where it could help the community grow stronger together whether if you work there, attend, or volunteer."

"Thank you so much Ms. Nash." I give a slight nod and look over to Wanda as she was smiling at me. I grab her hand to walk in and lean in to her, "what are you so smiley about."

"Your parents and Hazel would've been so proud of you my love." I lean in to kiss her cheek because that's all I wanted them to ever be with me running the company. I've gotten used to the events now. They're not always fun, but it's a good way to network. Companies are always starting around the area so I see why Hazel always had to show face at these events. We walk in as we go to a stand up table.

"What do you want to drink?" I asked Wanda.

"Honestly, a margarita sounds nice."

"Ooo. Drinking age is still 21 babe. In the public eye of course."

"I will take a sweet tea then."

"Okay then." I head over to the bar as some people bump into me greeting me. I shake their hands and such but I just really needed a water right now. I wave down the bartender and get our drinks. As I turn around to head back I see Jane at our table talking to Wanda.