Chapter - 15

It has been quite some time since I embarked on my journey with Shizue. We've had a lot of success completing quests and helping others. Besides taking breaks, these things are all we think about. It is not surprising that she gets the title 'Conqueror of Flames,' it's not only a showcase her mastery over the fire element but also shows her determination to help people who needed it. The impact of her 'little' help has been so significant that the people she has aided could form several villages if they were to unite, and it has only been slightly over two years since our little adventure began.

《Fufu, it's been only a while. Master, your sense of time has changed a little. 》

Well, I have no intention of arguing with you. It's really pointless, you know? And let's be clear. I'm not saying you're incorrect. Back when I was a human, two years felt like a significant amount of time, but now that I've been around for much longer, two years seem to pass by in just a blink of an eye. Besides, I'm only a few months younger than Veldora, so it's only natural for me to have a broader perspective on time.

"Rimuru, can you come here?"

While I was rambling about my life in my mind, the alluring and enchanting voice of Shizue made its way towards me. Like the sweet whisper of an angel, calm and serene, the voice filled me with warm and fuzzy feelings.

I jumped and made my way towards Shizue in my slime form, and there she was reclining comfortably in the chair while basking in the warm sunlight. The wind was blowing quite slowly today, like a breeze, soft yet cold, signaling the start of winter.

But I'm not feeling the least bit of a cold.

The last few years that I have spent with Shizue. I have yet to feel cold—a warm and fuzzy feeling in my chest has always kept me warm. Maybe because it's been a while since I have talked with someone from my homeland, a person who can really understand me.

Not the arrogant and stubborn slime, but the real me.

... or maybe because Shizue is just so kind and warm that her presence keeps me warm.

《Negative is the result of 'Thermal Fluctuation Nullification'. 》

Argh, Ciel-San, please don't pour cold water on my warm thoughts. Let's savor the sweet temptation of imagination.

Can't a little slime like me be allowed to dream? Can't I have some dreams and ambitions? You know I also need some kind of motivation to keep going.

《Master, I didn't want to pour cold water on your imagination, but Shizue was calling you. 》

Oh, I know, but anyway. As always, thank you.

"Here."

Shizue said as she got up from the chair and put me on her abdomen. So currently, Shizue is reclining comfortably in the chair as I am resting on her stomach. It might be obvious, but I'm in my slime form, and it didn't help, even a bit, with the awkwardness.

This looks so awkward. I was just about to tell Shizue—a slime was resting in the abdomen of a beautiful girl who was leisurely lying in the chair—sh*t. The more I thought, the shadier it looked to me. But just as I was about to tell her, she started to talk.

"Just as I suspected, Ifrit seems really well-behaved around you."

"Really? Well, I'm glad I decided to stick around then."

Not knowing how else to respond, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. And when she heard my words, a small smile appeared on her face. It seems like I didn't say anything wrong.