Chapter - 16

"Kuro. What you are doing is intolerable to me."

Shizue answered in a tone that was serious. However, the demon gave her a small smile and didn't seem to take her seriously. Evil devils smile, as you are aware.

"In that case, you shall be the first one I kill."

In response, the demon wasted no time in casting an intermediate-level fire spell. No, it was the weakest of the intermediate magics, to be honest.

"Flames have no effect on me."

As expected, it didn't even graze Shizue or me. She also seized the opportunity to utter a catchy sentence. She sounded like a cool person to me, even though I know she wasn't attempting to act that way.

No, no, she really is a great person.

"I see... a superior spirit... And it even identifies with you. That will be a slight hassle, but no real problem. I shall play with you for a bit."

I was surprised to learn that the devil can see right through Shizue's power and that he is actually rather deadly. However, Kuro, I can't seem to recall where I heard his name.

"Don't underestimate me."

Shizue exclaimed as she unsheathed her sword. The demon Kuro also displayed his weapon, which were his claws, which resembled razor-sharp swords.

Wait a minute! Give me a moment, please! That's Diablo's weapon, right? Hold on, don't respond to it. I see why this all seemed so familiar to me now that I can remember it.

《At last, Master, you recalled. Many congratulations. 》

Ah, Ciel-San, don't make fun of me, please. It's not really my fault. What is the duration since my last incarnation in this world? More than 20,000 years have passed. How am I expected to recall every detail of the story?

Hold on, now is not the moment to argue with you.

"Shizue, put me down."

However, just as I was about to speak further, Kuro launched an attack on Shizue and because my words distracted her, Shizue was unable to defend herself in time.

Clank.

Before I could react, the sound of metal hitting metal reached my ears. To my dismay, Kuro's claw struck Shizue's mask squarely.

However, the mask was in perfect condition, and the suppressed time within the mask obliterated the Kuro claw.

"Impossible. That mask... the time compression... is it... infinity?"

He picks things up fast, as is to be expected from Diablo, he determines that much with a single touch. He truly deserves to be called the Primordial Demon.

"Infinity."

Shizue mumbled under her breath, but Kuro's keen hearing picked it up.

"I can only assume that your mask surpasses time. To think there is a human who can use such item. How intriguing! Very well—"

Here we go again. Kuro, or Diablo, is still in full-blown speech mode, and to be completely honest, I wasn't interested in listening to him talk like this.

"Hey, stop!" Thus, I decided to stop him before it was too late. I am fully aware of his personality, and he will continue to torment us with his speech if I do not intervene quickly.

"You all, demons, are really interesting. I initially believed you to be the leader of this group, but given your strength, I doubt someone like you would take such a troublesome action. Are you not with them, then?"