12. Tujhe Bhula Diya - IPK anniversary June'24

This one is for two special occasions, IPK's 13th anniversary and birthday gift for AdventuresintheToyla. Wish you many happy returns of the day dear. Have a wonderful day and year ahead with tons of happiness. ♥

Happy anniversary of our beloved, precious show 'Iss pyar ko kya naam doon' and our Rabba Ve couple Arnav-Khushi!💞

--*--

It was quite late at night. Khushi was standing alone on that deserted road, cursing her stupidity. Her family had cautioned her not to go alone at this time, but she wanted to buy something special for her sister. After all, it was her sister's wedding the next day and Khushi wanted to gift her something as special as she was to her.

The car she was travelling in had broken down and the driver went to look for some help from a nearby garage leaving her alone. Her cell phone battery was down too leaving her with no other option than to keep waiting for either the driver to come back or find some rikshaw or taxi home.

That was when a white colored SUV approached her, slowed down and stopped just in front of her. Even before the windows were rolled down, she knew who it was. It was him, the person she didn't know how to face.

"Baitho, tumhe ghar drop kar deta haoon (Sit, I will drop you home)." He said.

She tried to calm her heart which was beating erratically after finding out he had come here as her savior. Not for the first time though.

But she couldn't take his offer. "Nahi, hum thik hai (I am fine). Mohan ji must be coming with some help."

"Don't argue Khushi, it's very late at night. It's not safe for you to stand here on this road. Let me take you home, please." He said, pleadingly.

Sighing, Khushi opened the door and took her seat beside him. He waited until she put on her seat belt, making her flustered under his gaze and fumble to fix the belt. He sensed her nervousness and reached out to help her. As he leaned near her to pull the seatbelt across her torso, his woody scent filled her senses making her unconsciously close her eyes. How can someone's mere presence around her make her feel so warm and protected?

The clicking sound of the belt being fixed made her open her eyes and she automatically looked at his hand which was now moving towards the steering wheel.

And that was when she noticed that piece of jewelry on his finger that made her come out of dream world to reality. To their reality.

"Will she be attending the wedding tomorrow?" Khushi asked.

Arnav knew who she was asking about. But he still asked. "Who?"

Khushi hated to utter that word, but he had left her no choice. So, trying to keep her dislike away from her voice, she said, "Your wife."

Arnav held the steering wheel more strongly than needed. Khushi had been asking him this for a while now. He couldn't run away anymore. So, he answered, "Yes."

And then the rest of the car ride was spent in a tensed silence.

Kaali kaali khaali raaton se, Hone lagi hai dosti
Khoya khoya in raahon mein, Ab mera kuch bhi nahi
Har pal har lamha, Main kaise sehta hoon
Har pal har lamha, Main khud se yeh kehta rehta hoon
Tujhe bhula diya oh, Tujhe bhula diya oh
Tujhe bhula diya oh
Phir kyun teri yaadon ne
Mujhe rula diya oh Mujhe rula diya

--*--

Khushi had a perfect life, a loving elder sister Anjali, a caring cousin brother Aakash and sister-in-law Payal, a loving grandmother, and a doting uncle-aunt. She was the apple of their eye! A rich heiress to the large empire! She just needed to snap her fingers and all the joys of the world would be lying at her feet! Yet, she was not entirely happy.