Author's notes

This is my first fanfiction.  I was tired of all the criticism Wish was receiving.  All movies have criticism but this felt different.  The people kept complaining the concepts were better than the final product.  I don't doubt some concepts were cool, but I could see why Disney excluded them. For a while, I thought I was the only one who saw past the criticisms, but then I found YouTuber MarionetteAngie. She explained why Disney made the right call with the final product.

Click below if you want to watch her video.

I wanted to make something that fans and critics could be satisfied with.  With all the talk about Starboy, I thought, "Who says he can't come after?" Most Disney romances happen sometime after our protagonist wishes upon a star, so saving Starboy for a sequel made sense.  I also knew the plot needed to be more than just having Starboy in a romance with Asha.

Searching for inspiration, I looked up storyboards of Asha and Starboy created by various YouTubers.  Some of them were so beautiful, I had to incorporate them into my story.  As for the other plot points, another inspiration was the song "A Wish Worth Making", the song that starts when the credits roll in Wish.  One line says, "Even kings and queens daydream to be free from their royal chairs," I thought, "That could be Amaya's story after Wish". She needs a successor and that is where Queen Asha comes in.  Also, Asha getting wings was all my idea. 

All great stories include a conflict, which one must learn and grow from. Wish was about being able to have the chance at your dream. Dream is about how you take that chance.  Sometimes the past can come back to haunt you, mentally and/or physically. In this story, it was both. Disney in the past, hasn't had the best time writing returning villains in their animated movies, so I thought I would give it a shot with Magnifico.

The truth is that Wish may never receive an official sequel because of its box office score, and because it commemorates 100 years of Disney animation.  But that is what fanfiction is for.  I hope you enjoyed Dream, my sequel to Wish.  Please share your thoughts in the comments.  

Every now and then, I fix up my wording and dialogue choice so it fits the characters who are talking.  I wrote this with the mentality of making a movie, so if it felt like you were reading a movie script, now you know why lol. Because I wrote it like a movie, I expect some reviews, criticism, or comments from my audience. Please share. I would love to hear it.