37. Leap

complete the target for next update !!!!!!

Vedanti's POV:

 5 Years Later

I sit by the window of my chamber, watching the sunrise paint the sky in shades of gold and orange. It's a ritual now, this quiet moment with the rising sun—a brief respite before the chaos of the day begins. The warmth of the sun's rays fills me with a sense of peace, a small glimmer of hope, and motivation to start anew. Every sunrise feels like a promise, a reminder that no matter how dark the night was, there's always light.

After  prayer, I turn to my two little bunnies, still fast asleep in their bed. Raj and Abhi, my four-year-old boys, my entire world. I walk over to them, gently tapping their backs, trying to wake them up for our morning exercise.

"Raj, wake up, baby," I whisper, rubbing his back lightly. "Abhi, wake up," I say, playfully slapping his little bottom.

"Maaaaaa, let me sleep," Abhi mumbles, still half-buried in his blanket. Raj, on the other hand, quietly gets up, already heading off to do his morning business, always the calm and composed one. Abhishek, though... He's my little ball of energy, stubborn and mischievous.

"Abhishek, get up," I say a bit more firmly this time. He groans but listens, rubbing his sleepy eyes as he sits up in bed. Without missing a beat, he plants a sleepy kiss on my cheek before stumbling off to the washroom, still half asleep. I chuckle softly, watching his tiny form drag across the room.

After that, we do our morning exercises together, something I've started doing with them since they could walk. It grounds me, and it's good for them too—an hour of stretching, yoga, and a bit of play before the day truly begins. They're growing so fast, and every morning, I'm reminded of how much they've changed.

We head to the special chamber Abhirath had built for the boys. A place tucked away from the prying eyes of the world, a safe haven just for them. I've kept them away from the kingdom's gossip, the whispers about their father, and the complicated world outside these walls.

Five years. It's been five years since I've spoken to my parents. Five years since I've exchanged a word with Abhirath. He hasn't written, he hasn't returned. And yet, his presence lingers everywhere. Do I miss him? Yes. But do I want him back? I don't know. My heart is a battlefield of emotions, torn between the love I once had for him and the pain he left behind.

"Maasa, please let us play now," Abhi says, pulling me back to the present.

"Okay, bunny, go," I reply, ruffling his messy hair. Raj, standing beside him, smiles softly and says he'll stay behind for a bit.

I kneel in front of them both, looking into their innocent eyes. "Okay, bunnies, I'll be back soon. Don't trouble anyone, okay? Abhi, no running in the corridors."

Abhi grins mischievously, his energy already bouncing off the walls. Raj, as always, nods seriously, already acting like the responsible one. "Raj, take care of your brother, okay?" I say, pressing a kiss to his cheek. He gives me a small nod, his quiet maturity always reminding me how different the two of them are. Same age, but such different souls. Raj is calm, thoughtful, and introspective, while Abhishek is a whirlwind of energy, always finding mischief wherever he goes.

I watch them run off, my heart swelling with love and pride. These two boys—they are my world, my reason for everything. But no matter how much joy they bring, there's still a void. A space that no amount of love from them can fill.

Abhirath.

He's in every corner of this chamber, in the boys' laughter, in the memories we once shared. But he's not here. And as much as I tell myself I've moved on, I can't help but wonder if he ever thinks of me. If he regrets leaving, if he misses the life we had.