Chapter 5

Alvin's Point of View
Why am I such a loser? I cannot believe what just happened, I've never been rejected by a girl before. All girls love me...right? Haha no that wasn't rejection, Logan was probably just confused or didn't see the wink.

I thought back to her eyes. Brittany's had a certain sparkle that was ever present, even when she was mad or stressed out. But Logan's eyes were almost deeper, they made her seem older than she actually was.

I went to look back at them when I realized I was standing alone in the middle of the crowded hallway. Wow I really need to stop spacing out.

I hurried to our first class: Math. As I entered the room I noticed my brothers and the Glamours sitting together in the back. Theodore waved to me and beckoned towards an empty seat that he must have saved for me.

I quickly sprinted to my seat before the bell rang. Simon, Delilah, and Logan were sitting on my left while Theodore and Harper sat together on my right. Everyone was working on the bell work already placed on our desks.

"Simon, why did you just leave me in the middle of the hallway?" I whispered to him. He's normally the one to bring me back to reality whenever I space off, so it was strange for him to just leave me there.

I waited for a reply, but he wouldn't even look back at me.

"Simon!" I tried getting his attention again, when I realized he was talking with someone. Wait a minute, not just someone. It was Delilah! Ha I knew that he would like her, especially when I noticed she was wearing a brain bowl pin earlier.

I decided to leave them alone then and As everyone contemplated the complex math problems, I sat back and tried to solve the mystery that is Logan's eyes.