ೃ⁀➷ oo7

chapter 7, 𝙀𝙓𝙋𝙊𝙎𝙀𝘿!!

"god, he's so weird. why would he even do that? i'm not mad or anything, it's just... weird!" [name] groaned as she kicked a pebble out of her path. accompanying her to her morning walk to school, as always, was ennoshita. he listened to her complaining, finding it entertaining.

"maybe he was jealous? he's kinda had a thing for you since first year," ennoshita casually replied with his gaze on the passing trees.

[name] whipped her head towards ennoshita so quickly ennoshita could've sworn he heard some neck bones cracking. "for real? i thought he had a thing for kiyoko like tanaka... that still doesn't explain why he would take a picture of us."

ennoshita chuckled before patting [name]'s back softly. "you can have a crush on multiple people, [name]. perhaps he wanted to look at it longingly and sob wishing he was in oikawa's place."

with a groan, [name] looked away from ennoshita and crossed her arms across her chest. she needed to have a word with nishinoya in order to erase the damaging photo out of existence. perhaps volleyball practice would be a good time?

"is the photo really that bad? what are you worried about?" ennoshita softly spoke after worrying about [name]'s uncomfortable silence.

[name]'s shoulders tensed at ennoshita's attempt to make her confess her feelings. "it's nothing, noya's just weird."

"it's not nothing, it's clearly bothering you. what's wrong?" ennoshita's gaze never left [name] even as she nervously shifted to his left.

[name] took a shallow, shaky breath in. "what if everyone hates me because i was hanging out with oikawa? he was being such an asshole during the practice match and got on everyone's nerves. at least they'll think i'm annoying... i don't what i'm saying, i'm just overthinking and by overthinking i'm being annoying so i'm sorry-"

"[name]," the girl made a noise of surprise as ennoshita's arm wrapped itself around her waist, "shut up."

"huh?"

ennoshita laughed while tightening his grip on [name]'s waist in the side hug. [name], realizing he was teasing her, began to giggle alongside her close friend. her own arm snaked around the fellow second year, closing the embrace.

"i'm glad you figured it out. you're just overthinking, no one is gonna hate you because you went out on a fake date with some random obnoxious setter we played with once. just explain yourself to them... or not, they don't need explanation," ennoshita said with a gentle smile adoring his face.

[name] took in another breath, this time deep and strong, before halting her and ennoshita's walking, confusing the boy. he began to speak, curious to her abrupt stop, before he squeaked in surprise as [name] turned their side hug into a fully fledge embrace. she squeezed and squeezed, causing wheezy and choked laughs to escape ennoshita's mouth. of course, he returned it.