ೃ⁀➷ o12

chapter 12, 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙔𝘼𝙈𝘼𝙂𝘼𝙏𝘼 𝙀𝙉𝘿𝙀𝙑𝙊𝙍 𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙏 𝙄𝙄

thirty minutes had passed by with no sign of nekoma's infamous setter and spiker duo

thirty minutes had passed by with no sign of nekoma's infamous setter and spiker duo. it was safe to say [name] was slightly antsy.

"your friends still not here?" the worker girl from earlier called from behind the front desk, concerned for her prettiest customer of the day.

"oh- uhh, yeah... they are far." [name] glanced nervously towards the girl.

"of course! if you need anything let me know. water is free." the girl gently smiled before locking eyes with a few new customers walking into taiyaki and boba.

[name] timidly nodded her head. water did sound good, but the girl seemed busy with the customers itching for boba, so she decided against it. instead, she returned to her texts between herself and kenma to see, once again, they were not sending.

it would truly be unfortunate if the nekoma boys cancelled on her and she had no way of knowing since communication was obviously hindered at the moment. her overthinking was starting to get the best of her again.

maybe, perhaps, they changed the location to meet up? maybe they decided to go to the korean barbecue place instead of the boba place entirely? it was a possibility. though, them being late was also a possibility due to the five. hour. difference.

...or they cancelled.

[name] internally groaned as she switched her attention over to her hands. they were less dry and irritated since kageyama scolded her over her hand care. the lotion he suggested was actually healing, unlike her perfumey lotion she found at a cheap mall.

'but the packaging is cute! how could it not be good for my hands?' [name] whined as she shoved her bottle of 'lotion' in kageyama's face.

the setter deadpanned at her. 'it's garfield, [name]. nothing about that diabetic, fat cat is cute.'

[name] frowned at kageyama before looking at her 'diabetic, fat' garfield packaged lotion. 'whatever, your's is ugly.'

the manager was done daydreaming and overthinking where kenma and kuroo was, so she took the big decision to put on her big girl pants and start walking towards the korean barbecue place. where else could they be?

shoving her belongings and pastries into her bag, [name] hoisted it over her shoulder and made her way to the door before opening it. the cling and clang of the bells snapped the worker girl's attention as she just finished attending the last costumer that had walked in.

"bye pretty girl! i hope you find your friends!" she called, waving frantically.

"bye! i hope so too..." [name] mumbled as she stepped foot into the yamagata wilderness.