ೃ⁀➷ o14

chapter 14, [𝙉𝘼𝙈𝙀] 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙆𝙄𝙔𝙊𝙆𝙊'𝙎 𝙎𝙐𝙋𝙀𝙍 𝘿𝙐𝙋𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙋𝙇𝙀𝙉𝘿𝙄𝘿 𝘼𝙒𝙀𝙎𝙊𝙈𝙀 𝙎𝙐𝙍𝙋𝙍𝙄𝙎𝙀!!

"you don't think it'll be too corny?"

switching her gaze from the newly cleaned and freshened up banner to a self conscious [name], kiyoko tilted her head to the side in confusion. "do you think it's too corny?"

humming in thought, [name] didn't immediately answer. kiyoko's surprise, an old banner with the word 'fly' written across found in the storage closet of the gym, was plenty thoughtful and inspiring for the boys volleyball team. on the other hand, [name] wasn't sure if hers met any of those words.

for her gift, [name] wanted to implement her talent of photography. throughout the many weeks of her being manager/ photographer/ medic, she had snapped hundreds of photos of each player on the team- why let them all go to waste?

"i don't know... it seems, like, corny for boys...? that's sounds dumb, but my brother would definitely think it's stupid." [name] thought of [brother's name] and the plethora of teasing he'd inflect on her for the gift she had planned for the volleyball team.

"boys aren't the best at expressing their feelings, [name]," kiyoko sighed. her dainty hands gingerly folded the banner up and placed it into her manager bag. [name] observed as a sliver of her silky hair slipped from out behind her ear, she desperately wanted to tuck it back into place, yet she was too far from her spot on kiyoko's bedroom floor.

glancing at the numerous photos in her hands tied together with string, [name] mumbled, "i guess. i still feel like they'll think it's weird."

kiyoko pushed herself off the ground with a soft huff before making her way over to [name]'s spot on the floor. she then joined her in sitting criss-crossed, their knees touching slightly.

the third year manager found herself taking in all of the details of [name]'s face once again. she had a habit of doing this when the two were together alone in deep conversation. she'd recall each marking that would freckle across her [skin tone] face, how the skin around her eyes wrinkled slightly with joy when she spoke, and how her lips were always smooth and glossed from her obsession with applying chapstick. luckily for kiyoko, though, she was never caught by [name] for her yearning stare.

a light jolt went through [name]'s body as she felt kiyoko fixing stray baby hairs along her scalp, her cool fingers somehow warming her skin and her blushing cheeks.

"to be blunt, [name], they're obsessed with you." kiyoko picked a lost eyelash off [name]'s flushed cheeks.

"wh- no, they're not. they're obsessed with you," [name] stuttered. she couldn't comprehend how anyone could truly be obsessed with her in her insecure mindset.

"mmh, sure. they can be obsessed with me, but they're very obsessed with you. do you never notice how sugawara's eyes brighten or how yamaguchi's entire face turns red when you walk through the door? you're very... captivating," kiyoko explained with the faintest burn to her cheeks. she couldn't blame suga or yamaguchi for their reactions to [name], and she couldn't deny the warm buzzing in her chest when [name] would greet her every practice with an occasional orange as a gift.