ೃ⁀➷ o13

chapter 13, 𝙒𝙄𝙏𝘾𝙃𝙀𝙎??

interhigh, the next big competition for high school volleyball players all across japan, was soon approaching, causing the tension between others in the karasuno boys volleyball team to widen

interhigh, the next big competition for high school volleyball players all across japan, was soon approaching, causing the tension between others in the karasuno boys volleyball team to widen. but of course, [name] and kiyoko wouldn't allow their teammates to distance themselves from one another.

"woah, the picture is huge!" noya exclaimed. a magazine crinkled in his rough palms as suga and tanaka surrounded him in their own little circle.

asahi soon approached the second year circle (plus suga), mumbling, "what?" he glanced at noya's magazine for a moment in silence- before loudly breaking it, "huh?!"

asahi's grunt of surprise took interest within [name] as she peered over her shoulder. seeing that now hinata and kageyama joined the huddle over what seemingly was the most interesting magazine in the world, [name] needed to know the hot goss.

"one sec, kiyoko," [name] muttered before placing down her mop she was using to clean the last square of dirtied, sweaty floor. kiyoko hummed in acknowledgement, knowing that she could trust [name] to come back and finish her cleaning duties.

the second year manager skipped over to the boys, beelining for specifically noya. her hands soon found solace on his sturdy shoulders before she squat down to glance over at the magazine in his hands.

"who died?" [name] questioned as her eyes scanned the page noya and the other boys were gawking at.

[name]'s touch caused a burst of warmth to flood noya's cheeks as he tried his best to control himself. though, he couldn't help the smirk he sent tanaka as the buzz cut boy glared with jealousy.

"nah, it's ushiwaka from shir-"

"wait, shit, ushijima? he's that famous? i didn't know that!" [name] exclaimed, inciting an emotion of confusion (and added jealousy) within the boys around her.

"you know ushiwaka?!" noya quickly swiveled around before clutching onto [name]'s shoulders, shaking her like a toy.

kageyama, too, was disturbed. "he's the best ace in our prefecture!"

"woah, woah, hold your horses," [name] began, shoving the short libero off her body, "yeah, i met him on one of my emt ride outs."

"oh no! did he get hurt during a game or something?" hinata pondered as he took a seat beside [name], deeply interested in her story time.

"no, it was his grandmother. she had fell when she was home alone and he later came on to the ambulance as we transported her. i knew he was a volleyball player, his grandmother wouldn't stop bragging about him, but i didn't know he was that good." [name] plucked the magazine out of a rejected noya's hand, gazing at the photo of the impressive ace.

"woahhh, what was he like?" hinata questioned. he found his head gingerly resting on the girl's shoulder as she flipped through the volleyball magazine where more photos of ushijima and various high school teams appeared.