Chapter 1

ALBANY'S P.O.V

"All work sheets, done?"

"Done, mom!"

"Water bottle?"

"Done, my beautiful mother. Don't worry I'll be fine. It's just one night show only."

"But it's gonna be your biggest show yet, sweetheart."

"No don't cry..."

"I'm sorry. Haha. I'll be there with your father before your main show."

"Roger that!" I kissed her cheek. "Bye bye!"

"Drive safe!"

I started the engine of this white Audi of mine. I just got a car from daddy for my 18th birthday few weeks ago. Still trying to adjust everything but I'm happy I got to drive by myself.

Hello from me, by the way. I'm Albany Cash, 18 years old, the only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Cash. One thing I wish to have in my life is a companion, either a sister or brother would be great. But apparently God tried to make me the only one in the spotlight. When I was 3 my daddy brought me to a music store in town. That's where I found my companion; piano. I've learned piano from classic to modern twist, so you could say I'm pretty familiar with it. That, nowadays, as the senior, becomes my way to earn some bucks. Some event organizers liked to book me to play them a list of classic songs for like accompany their high-class party. Like tonight.

I parked my car in the lobby to be next helped by valet service, went up straight to the lobby of this giant hotel. The receptionist served me a welcome drink. Few minutes later they took me up to the ballroom where the party will be held.

"Good afternoon, I'm Zoe, your event assistant. Please don't hesitate to call me at anytime, before and after the work." A sweet girl around my age came up to me and spoke warmly.

"Thank you so much Zoe. I'm Albany."

"Yes I'm a huge fan of you. Have subscribed to your YouTube." She laughed.

"Ah that's very nice of you! Thank you! Shall we do this?"

"Yes!"

She took me further into the changing room, in case I would like to change or give a little touch on. The party would be start in any minutes. I saw Zoe running here and there to make sure I got everything I needed.

"So...what's this party about? Who hire this place?"

"Actually it's a celebrity after-party. I heard they did a little award show in local radio. Now they're gonna celebrate the winner with some performance and talk shows. Oh and some fans have been lined up as well outside that door."

"Wow." I nodded. "No pressure, huh?"

"No pressure." She laughed a like a cute puppy again.

Zoe signaled me to get ready to perform in a minute. I've set my music sheets in my hands. Tonight, we're going to do a little mixture of pop and up-beat classic songs.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please, give it up for the young talented YouTube sensation, Albany Cash!" The host heated up the people in that room.

"Go! Good luck!" Zoe hugged me for a quick 2 seconds.

I sat on my piano. Nervous hands. Please don't cross the line. It's the first song now. I played the song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons, followed by 3 other talented violists, and a group of choir. We made a huge start to the party. Everybody put their drinks in the air honoring our last high pitch. I looked around to find my parents. There, they were on the 5th row on my left.

"Thank you." I politely nodded to the audience.

"Hey Albany that was a sick performance!" The host grabbed my shoulders for a little chat.

"Thank you so much." I smiled to the camera. Some flash hit my eyes.

"So would you like to tell me how this all started?"

"Well yeah, uh... The credit goes to my lovely parents over there actually. Daddy took me to a music store where I could find different instruments. I quickly chose piano. Things go from there."

"Do you play other instruments too?"

"Guitar, but not likely that good. Haha."

"And that killing voice, you were born with that? How rude." The host made everybody laugh. He's good at his thing.

"To sing, I guess it runs in it as I grow up into a musician, as well as everyone here who live closely to music everyday. When you play instrument, you'll end up sing to it anyway."

"What a great answer!" The host finally released me. "Come back later for more performance, Albany! Guys, give her some love!"

I walked back to the changing room with Zoe's open arms and a loud cheer behind me. It was amazing. My parents watched that moment. They should be proud of me. I will come back for more songs but for now, the host gave it to some bands to perform.

I checked how it's going up there from the backstage curtain. "Hey, who's that?"

"Hmm? Who?" Zoe checked her list. "Oh that's suppose to be the band..."

"Never seen them before." I murmured.

"Really? They're quite famous now. It's Before You Exit." She giggled.

"Before You Exit...?" I stared at these 3, well 5 guys who enthusiastically played their song. "What a weird band name."

"Until you know how good they are." Zoe winked at me then left.

I took a little longer minute to peek their performance. Really, what kind of band name that is? Before You Exit...what, you want to go somewhere? I chuckled. That's interesting.

But...that's more interesting when...who's that one in the middle?