Chapter 7

ALBANY'S P.O.V

"Baby! Baby you're okay?!"

"Oh my gosh she's finally awake!"

"Get the doctor here, please!"

Everyone's talking close to my ears. It's too noisy. My eyes took much longer time to adjust the very bright light on the top of my head. No, I don't have this kind of lighting in my room. Where are we?

"Mom..."

"Yes honey I'm here." She grabbed my hand. It felt hurt.

"Why so... Why crying?" I took a closer look to her eyes. "I didn't get the flour..."

"Ssh stop talking. It's okay. You're okay now." She whispered.

Okay? Wasn't I okay? Didn't I just have a meeting in radio station with Jeffrey and his crew? What were they talking about? Why was Dad here? He supposed to be at the office by now. And why...whoa, neighbors?

"The party..."

"Albany, I'm Doctor Adrian." Somebody in all white suit walked up and shook my hand.

"Yes doctor?"

"How you feeling?" He checked my eyes.

"Okay...?"

"You had an accident, sweet girl. We're in hospital. Your parents, relatives, they're all here."

"Accident?!" I choked. I couldn't stop, my lungs were burnt.

"Slowly...slowly... Ssh take your time. Breathe... Yes, like that. Good job. Inhale, deep breath, let it out..." Doctor Adrian helped me control my emotion.

"Accident...how?" I asked again once I got my rhythm back.

"The witness said you got hit by a bus. Did you feel dizzy or something, like the world was spinning around?" Doctor kept talking as a nurse was checking my blood pressure.

"I wasn't sure. I felt okay doctor, I was about to walk across the street..." I tried to remember.

"Yes, yes you were. And what else did you remember?"

"Nothing. It's dark." I sighed.

"It's totally normal to have only partial memory of what happened before and after accident, Albany. I suggest you not to try too hard on yourself. Take a good rest. The nurse will be back with your dinner and pills." Doctor stroked my hair. "Excuse me."

"Doctor...I want to go home..."

I was trying to hold my hand in the air as I grabbed his white...what happened with my fingers?

"NO!!!" I was taken aback. "WHAT HAPPENED WITH THESE!?"

I saw them all familiar faces. Mommy, Daddy, some neighbors, friends and relatives. They all gasped and cried. They wrapped my both hands tightly. Was it that horrible? What would I do without my hands?!

"Albany, look. Your hands, they are okay. You just got some little fracture here and there from falling off too hard. I just wrapped it up to avoid you from overuse it. Just for now." Doctor smiled at me. "It's gonna be okay."

"You say I wouldn't be able to use my fingers anymore?" I started to cry.

"Doctor, she's a pianist." Mom whispered.

"I say it would be wise not to use it now. It'll heal, sweetheart. Trust me."

Then the doctor walked out with his nurses, leaving me only with my parents and relatives. Soon they left too, pair by pair. I realized it's almost late night. The block party was left off because everybody was here. I said sorry so many times to them. I ruined their perfect night. I made Dad leaving the office in the middle of important meeting. I made Mom worry.

"Just take a good time to rest, sweetheart. Enjoy like it's your day off." Mom stroked my hair.

"Will I still play piano?" I let the tears fall down to my cheek.

"You still will. Like you always did. Now sleep. I'll wake you up for dinner later."

I nodded. That's all. My life was nearly over. These tightly wrapped hands told me I almost lost my radio deal and future contract I've signed. I should've done more radio interviews by this week and even harder rehearsal with the orchestra. What could I possibly do now?

And I need Riley.