Chapter 4

IceMoon's POV

The weather was perfect. Rain poured from a grumbling fire breathing sky. The rivers at the bottom of the canyons swelled and roared and ate the walls, sending all the dragons who lived down there scrambling for higher ground.

The wind was so fierce that it seemed to have been sent by vengeful Icewings trip every Nightwing out of the sky. It was veering quickly from a storm into a baby hurricane.

Me and Darkstalker have been waiting for a day like this. Surely SoulReader wouldn't expect me today.

But as we swooped down to the ledge in front of her house, there they were, sitting out in the rain, waiting for us.

I haven't figured out all of SoulReader's expressions yet, but I thought might be his trying-not-to-laugh-at-her face.

"Surprise!" I shouted, thumping down beside SoulReader.

Why are you crazy! SoulReader shouted in her head. Go home!

"And let us be trapped indoors with our arguing parents all day?" I said. "No thanks! Let's go to the sea!"

"But the sea will eat us alive if we go there today," Clearsight protested.

"IceMoon didn't say in the sea." Darkstalker shook his wings, accomplishing nothing because he was still getting drenched in the rain. "She said to the sea."

"Me and SoulReader aren't the kinds of dragons who goes flying in hurricanes!" She said. I heard SoulReader clear his throat.

"I mean.. I used to go flying out in hurricanes once, but eventually mother caught me and said all the dangers about it, but um.. do you know how unpredictable they are? I mean, I figured that out the hard way."

"The smallest wind shift or one piece of debris spinning in the wrong direction and suddenly you're in a while other timeline... Or everyone else is, because you two are dead." Clearsight finished.

"It is virtually impossible for us to die today," said IceMoon laughing a bit. "It would be a waste of lots of very melodramatic prophecies if we did. Why are we even arguing about this? You know that if we all go and it's wonderful."

"On the contrary, IceMoon," Clearsight said. "I see this really awesome future where SoulReader and I go back inside and drink tea by the fire and read a scroll about funny scavenger antics for the rest of the day, and also by the way, stay completely dry. That one is definitely winning right now." Clearsight and SoulReader saw the expressions on our faces and relented a little.

"Um.. Well, we could always go tomorrow, when the sun will be shining." Clearsight and SoulReader both finish.

"But then...there will be dragons everywhere," IceMoon said. "Today the beach is all ours!" Darkstalker and IceMoon exclaimed at the same time.

A flash of blood happened in my soul. SoulReader could already hear my voice echoing "It's all ours! The whole kingdom is all ours!! And no low born ignorant dragons can stop me!"

I could sense Clearsight thinking that about Darkstalker.

I rested my wing against his, dripping scales sliding across one another. SoulReader blinked as he saw me giving him a look. "Stay with me," I said softly. "Be in your own mind now."