chapter 4

(this chapter is shorter and i didnt proofread it:))

you set up your guest room for hawks that you usually used as a storage room since you never had anyone to invite over.

"i'm sorry about the clutter" you chuckled awkwardly. you try to pick up a box to move to your closet and stumble.

hawks hurries over and takes the box from you.

"i told you a hundred times now it's okay and to let me take of the mess"

"but you're my guest, i'm suppose to clean it up" you let out a small frown.

"you have a broken leg l/n"

"i still want to help at least" you day with a slight frown. you felt bad hawks had to clean up the room by himself. he's the first person to stay the night at your place and you felt like you should be the one doing all the work.

hawks thought for a moment on what to have you do that won't cause you any harm. "you can grab the blankets and pillows"

you nod and quickly turn around to head to your room to grab the comforters.

hawks thought it was very sweet how badly you wanted to help him. he always gave you small tasks though to keep you from harming yourself and he always thought it was cute how happy you were with such a small task.

you went back into the room carrying a blanket and pillow under your arm.

hawks swiftly took them from you and set them on the bed for later.

while hawks cleaned up the guest room, you were thinking of things to do to make hawks feel more comfortable. this is the first time someone has stayed the night at your place and you weren't sure what to do.

"hawks"

the blonde looks over his shoulder at you.

"what is it l/n?"

"would you want to watch a movie when you're done?"

"sure" the red winged man gives you a soft smile.

     ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑

you set up blankets and pillows on your L shaped couch while popcorn cooks on the stove.

"the popcorn smells good" the hero says while walking into the living room.

"what would you like on it?"

"salt and butter is fine"

"alright, i'll go put some on and you can pick a movie to watch" you flash the hero a soft smile and make your way back to the kitchen.

hawks settles down on the couch and picks out a horror movie to watch on netflix.

you hobble back into the living room with a bowl of popcorn in one hand. hawks swiftly gets up and takes the bowl from you.

you settle on the couch next to hawks on the couch and swiftly place a blanket over your lap.

"i hope you like horror movies" the hero looks over at you.

"i love horror movies, i just hope its actually scary"

"i've seen this one plenty of times. it's definitely going to scare you"

"we'll about that" you let out a small chuckle.

you both sit and watch the movie silently for 20 minutes and hawks keeps looking over at you every time a jump scare happens to see if you jump.

"i thought you said this was scary" you say with a straight face.

"it is just give it time.." he pouts.

you let out a laugh "okay"

you're not sure how, but somehow during the movie you and hawks got closer. your arms were almost touching and you can feel yourself getting more tired from watching this boring movie.

after five more i'm tired of trying to stay awake you ended up falling asleep on hawks shoulder.

hawks didn't know what to do when he felt your head hit his shoulder. he stiffened for a moment, scared that he'd wake you if he moved an inch.

he carefully looked over at you and saw how peaceful you looked. he assumed you must be tired from trying to help him. so he decided to let you sleep.

hawks let himself rest his head on yours and he slowly dozed off to the sound of your soft snores and warm touch.

you woke up to the feeling of something hard against your face and something warm wrapped around your body.

you slowly look up and your eyes widen when you see hawks fast asleep with his head resting on the back of the couch and his arms wrapped around you.

i can't believe i fell asleep on him. you feel your face start to heat up from embarrassment and because you have the number two hero snuggling you.

you carefully try to move so he can sleep longer, but his arms instantly wrap tighter around you.

you feel like you might melt if you don't get out of here.

you give up on trying to escape and just sit there silently letting the number two hero sleep longer. eventually you fall back asleep because of the warmth hawks was giving off.

hawks wakes up twenty minutes later and sees you sleeping peacefully on his chest, wrapped in his arms. his face flushes instantly and he feels his heart quicken.

he could hear your small breaths and you had a smile on your face. hawks wondered what you were dreaming about that was making you smile like that.

"l/n" hawks softly calls out.

you don't move. hawk lets out a sigh and carefully moves his arm out from under you.

hawks gets dressed quickly and leaves quietly while leaving the balcony door unlocked. he comes back 20 minutes later with more donuts for you.

he sets them on the living room table and heads back out for work this time.

★・・・・・・・・・★