Dinner Dilemma

Despite her initial reluctance, Rysa eventually fell back into her daily routine, determined to avoid another confrontation with Aahan. Days passed, and as time went on, she found herself settling back into the rhythm of school and extracurricular activities.

Fast forward to the present day, Rysa returned home from school feeling drained but determined to tackle her homework. It was evening and she was completing her work, trying to concentrate, Rudra's constant pestering grated on her nerves, but she ignored him, unwilling to engage in a pointless argument.

Just as Rysa was beginning to lose patience with Rudra's antics, the sound of the front door opening interrupted the tense atmosphere. 

Aahan strode into the living room, where Rudra and Rysa were sitting. He had an announcement to make, one that he knew wouldn't sit well with everyone.

"Listen up, both of you. Dad wants us to have dinner with him tonight," Aahan declared, his tone serious.

Rudra's eyes widened with surprise. "Dinner with Dad? That's rare. Wonder what's going on."

Rysa remained silent, a frown forming on her face. Aahan noticed her expression and furrowed his brow.

"What's wrong, Rysa? Aren't you excited to see Dad?" Aahan asked his tone a mixture of concern and annoyance.

Rysa hesitated before responding. "I don't really feel like going, Bhaiya. Can't we just skip it this time?"

Aahan's frustration began to simmer. "Rysa, you can't just skip out on family obligations whenever you feel like it. Dad wants to spend time with us, and it's important that we show up."

Rysa bristled at his reprimand, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "But Bhaiya, I don't see why it's such a big deal. I have things to do, and I'm not in the mood for dinner with Dad."

Aahan's patience was wearing thin. "Rysa, this isn't up for debate. We're going to dinner, and that's final. Now go get ready."

Rysa clenched her jaw, feeling the sting of his words. She hated being singled out, especially by her own brother.

"Fine," she muttered, her voice tinged with resentment.

As Rysa retreated to her room to get ready, her mind raced with thoughts of the impending dinner. She couldn't shake the feeling of being an outsider in her own family, always on the fringes, never truly belonging.

When it was time to leave, Rysa put on a forced smile and joined her brothers in the car. But inside, she felt a growing sense of dread, knowing that tonight's dinner would only serve to highlight her insecurities and reinforce her feelings of inadequacy.......

I hope you guys liked the chapter, If you did please vote and comment.

Please comment because I don't know even if the book is good or not your comment will mean a lot to me.