Clash of upbringings

As the days passed, Rysa found herself walking on thin ice, tiptoeing around her Aunt Neelam and cousin Ria, wary of any opportunity for them to pin blame on her. Despite her efforts to keep her distance, Neelam remained relentless in her scrutiny, determined to find fault with Rysa's every move.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon and the house was bathed in the soft glow of twilight, Rysa's uncle asked her to fetch her aunt, who was sitting in a room with Neelam. With a heavy heart, Rysa made her way towards their room, her steps hesitant as she approached the closed door.

Without bothering to knock, Rysa pushed open the door, her thoughts consumed by the tension that hung thick in the air. But before she could utter a word, Neelam's voice sliced through the silence, dripping with sarcasm and disdain.

"Is this the upbringing you've received, Rysa?" Neelam taunted, her eyes narrowing in derision. "You don't even know how to knock before entering a room. I suppose your parents couldn't teach you any better, but I would have thought your brother would have instilled some manners in you."

Rysa's temper flared at the thinly veiled insult, her fists clenching at her sides as she struggled to contain her anger. With a steely resolve, she met Neelam's gaze head-on, her voice laced with defiance.

"I may not have been taught the proper etiquette, but at least I know the value of respect," Rysa shot back, her words ringing with conviction. "Unlike some people, who seem to have forgotten basic decency despite having both parents to guide them."

Neelam's face darkened with rage at the veiled accusation, her voice rising to a crescendo as she unleashed her fury. "How dare you speak to me like that!" she shouted, her words echoing off the walls.

The commotion drew the attention of Aahan, who rushed to the scene, his brow furrowed with concern. "What's going on here?" he demanded, his tone stern as he took in the scene before him.

Neelam wasted no time in launching into her tirade, her words pouring forth like a torrential downpour. "Your sister has no respect for authority! She barged into the room without so much as a knock, and then had the audacity to insult me!"

Aahan's gaze flickered to Rysa, his expression unreadable as he took in her defiant stance. "Rysa, is this true?" he asked, his voice measured as he addressed his sister.

As Aahan's stern gaze fell upon Rysa, a flicker of uncertainty flashed in her eyes. She hesitated for a moment, her mind racing as she searched for the right words to defend herself. But before she could speak, Aahan's patience wore thin, his anger bubbling to the surface.

"Well?" Aahan prompted, his voice sharp with frustration. "Is it true?"

Rysa's throat felt dry as she struggled to form a coherent response. "I-I..." she stammered, her words faltering under the weight of Aahan's scrutiny.

Her hesitation only served to fuel Aahan's anger, his features contorted with rage as he stepped closer to Rysa. "Answer me!" he demanded, his voice thundering in the confined space.

Rysa flinched at the intensity of his tone, her heart pounding in her chest as she felt the full force of his wrath. With a trembling voice, she managed to choke out a response. "Yes, it's true," she admitted, her words barely audible above the din.

A deep frown creased Aahan's brow at Rysa's admission, his disappointment palpable as he struggled to comprehend her defiance. "You know what you have to do," he said sternly, his tone leaving no room for argument.

Rysa's heart sank at the command, her pride warring with her sense of guilt. "I-I can't," she protested weakly, her voice barely above a whisper.

Aahan's eyes flashed with anger at Rysa's defiance, his patience wearing thin as he reached out to grab hold of her ear. "You will apologize to Aunt Neelam this instant," he ordered, his grip tightening with each word.

Rysa winced in pain as Aahan's grip grew more forceful, her pleas for mercy falling on deaf ears. "Ouch, please bhaiya, it hurts!" she cried out, her voice laced with agony.

But Aahan's anger was unrelenting, his resolve hardened as he spotted a remote lying nearby. With a swift motion, he seized the remote and delivered a sharp blow to Rysa's back, his actions fueled by frustration and anger.

Rysa cried out in pain at the unexpected blow, tears welling up in her eyes as she struggled to endure the onslaught. "Stop it, bhaiya, please!" she begged, her voice choked with emotion.

The commotion drew the attention of Rudra and their uncle, who rushed into the room at the sound of raised voices. Rudra's eyes widened in shock as he took in the scene before him, his heart sinking at the sight of his sister in distress.

With a firm hand, Rudra intervened, stepping between Aahan and Rysa in a bid to defuse the situation. "That's enough, bhaiya," he said firmly, his voice tinged with concern.

Their uncle followed suit, gently guiding Aahan out of the room in an attempt to calm his volatile emotions. Meanwhile, Rudra turned his attention to Rysa, his expression softened by a rare display of empathy.

"Are you okay?" he asked gently, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Rysa nodded silently, her tears still flowing freely as she struggled to regain her composure. Without a word, she allowed Rudra to lead her out of the room, her heart heavy with the weight of their shared turmoil.

As they made their way upstairs, Rudra offered her a glass of water, his actions a stark contrast to his usual teasing demeanor. Rysa accepted the gesture with a grateful nod, her heart swelling with a newfound appreciation for her brother's unexpected kindness.

But despite Rudra's efforts to comfort her, Rysa couldn't shake the lingering sense of betrayal that clung to her like a heavy shroud. With a heavy heart, she retreated to her room, her mind consumed by a whirlwind of conflicting emotions.

I am really sorry for the late update 

I hope you all liked the chapter if you did please do vote and comment and please free to give me suggestions