Football Family Finding (Title as of now)

I grabbed the last bag from the cab and closed the door. “Tip?” the driver had asked and I obeyed before he sped off into the California night.

                I wasn’t used to the heat, especially the heat at night. I was a New York girl. We had four season weather and not just heat, heat, heat, and some more heat. I was sweating in my casual outfit choice of old jeans and a t-shirt. My flight was no help either. 400 people cramped together coach style as I was stuck between the overweight man in Hawaiian shirts and the 10 year old constantly kicking everything. He also decided breaking my fan and eating my only food the whole day was acceptable too. I was sweaty, hungry, and tired. NOT a pretty combination.

                I turned around, bags in hand, and stared at the vast and endless football field that lay out in front of me. So this was it? I had no plan, no options, no idea what to do. I had never felt so hopeless, clueless, in my entire life. I had always known my next move. Not now though.

                How did I end up here? I could almost guarantee that I would regret this decision in the weeks to come. I mean, I left my life behind. For what? A chance to know someone who obviously never wanted to know me? Damn Riley. You’re so dumb sometimes.

                “Malcolm this isn't little league! Grow up!” I heard someone yell. I just knew that was his voice. How could I tell? I don’t know. It was just like those things you know but you can’t explain how you know them. You just do.  This was one of those times.

                I immediately remembered three days ago and the last conversation I had with my best friend since kindergarten, Mackenzie “Mac” Harting.

*************************************************************************************

                “This one,” she held up a short blue dress “or this one!” she asked holding up and even shorter black dress. Before I could answer she answered her own question, “Who am I kidding? Obviously this one! Yes!”

                I shook my head as she stood in front of the mirror holding up the black one. “Mac, is which dress you wear to Tuck’s graduation party really this important? We’re about to be separated for god knows how long!” I said to her throwing the Seventeen I was reading across her room.

                “I know, I know,” she turned to me “It’s just this;” she motioned to all the clothes thrown across her shared room with her younger sister “is how I deal with bad news.”

                “I'm going to miss you so much!” I called to her “SO much!”

                “Me too!”

                “This is horrible!” I plopped down on her bed.

                “No, it’s not! You’ll get to hang out on the beach, meet cute surfer boys, and hang out with college football players anytime you want! How is this a bad thing?” she sounded genuinely confused which made me laugh.

                “Because… it just is! I mean, come one! Football players are such meatheads!! I mean look at, Drake North, Keegen Smith, Bentl-“I wasn’t able to finish because she cut me off.

                “Okay, okay. The football players at are school aren’t the best example BUT my brothers love football and make me sit through all the games and the guys he coaches don’t seem so bad, especially Nate Anderson and Malcolm Tucker!” She swooned.

                “Eww! Are those the two that you have plastered all over your walls?” 

                She got a little red, “Yeah, but…”

                “But what?” I threw her pillow at her and she squealed, “What if he doesn’t like me?” I asked seriously.

                She sat down next to me and put her arms around me. “How could he not like you? You’re Riley Ryan, force to be reckoned with! Besides even if he doesn’t you’re too tough to let that get to you, right?” she looked at me waiting for my answer.

                “R-right!” I told her. She didn’t know I lied. I would care. I couldn’t take anymore rejection. I don’t know what I would do if he turned me away.  I had no other options. it was this or back to nobody in New York.

                I had smiled at her and spent another hour there before hugging her one last time before leaving.  She went to the party and finally hooked up with Tuck after an entire year of trying to catch his eye and I spent my last night in New York at my mother's grave. Telling her that it was time. Finally time.

              SOrrY ITs a short and slow intro it will get so much better!

  HEY! So this is my newnewnew story! Hope you guys like I really want to continue with it! Tell me what you think. Vote, fan, comment, whatever! Do it!

Question: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?!?

LOVE,

Julianna! <3 <3 <3