Football Family Finding Chapter 2

I was up against the fence watching the scene unfold before my eyes when I felt someone push past me.

“Excuse me!”I called out to the person who had rudely pushed me. When it didn’t look like they were going to stop I called out louder, “EXCUSE ME!”

The male body stopped and just stood there for a moment before turning around. I recognized that face, but from where?

“What?”he asked me in a bored tone. I could barely see him it was so dark.

“You bumped into me and didn’t apologize.” I shot at him.His eyes widened in confusion as If no one had ever yelled at him before.

“Excuse Me?” he said to me.

“Yes, that IS what I said before.” I said with the bored tone now.

The corners of his lips twitched into a slight smile before he turned around.

“I was serious! I want that apology!” I called after him but this time he didn’t stop. “DOUCHEBAG!”I yelled to him after he turned the corner onto the field.

At this point I didn’t know. Didn’t know how one day this mysteriously familiar boy would have a greater impact on my life than I could ever imagine.

“Look at you with your first impressions” A familiar voice said from behind me.

I turned around, “Stephanie!” I ran over and hugged her.

I had met Stephanie in the hospital almost 10 years ago. She had stuck with me ever since. Well in a way she had too because she was my case worker. Every move, every problem, every switch Stephanie was there. She’d been the one constant all these years. Even Mac and I hadn’t become best friends till the 6thgrade when we met on the first day of Middle School.

“What are you doing here?” I asked surprised.

“Well, I am your case worker.” She replied.

“But technically you don’t have to be anymore.” I recited the rule.

“I thought you might need a friend,” she whispered.

“Thank you”

She nodded and motioned for me to get in the car that was parked next to her.

“You hungry?” She asked me and I nodded continuously. I was starving.

Stephanie drove to the nearest McDonalds and got us each a burger and fries. I devoured it within seconds.

“So I take it you were hungry” She was mocking me.

“Just a bit” I said back.

“I'm staying for the week,” She told me. “Choosing to remain your social worker left me with a few options, all of which involved me coming here and having him sign some paperwork.”

“For a week, of course.” I smiled at her.

“You caught me! I came for two reasons, you and the beach.”

“I knew it!” I said and we both grinned.

“It’s eight. He should be home now, should we..?” She looked at me. The question in her eyes and voice.

“I don’t think I'm ready yet.”

“We’ll wait then. We have a whole week.”

“I don’t think I’ll ever be ready.”

“I think you're going to be fine.” She told me. “I also think everything Is going to be fine.”

I weakly smiled back at her.

“Now, I'm supposed to inform you of all the possibilities and outcomes of a situation like this are you ready to hear them?”

“No”I responded.

She nodded and stared the car. We we’re off to his house. The Moment was almost here. I was finally going to meet my father.

HEY SORRY THE CHAPTERS ARE SO SHORT! HOPE YOU LIKE!

*****************************************************************

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN!

QUESTION:WHO INSPIRES YOU?

LOVE,

JULIANNA <3 <3 <3