1. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: Mentions of drug use, sexual themes

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
Late August - 1968

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚Late August - 1968

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

The day started out like any other. You arrived to the studio at 9am sharp. You tidied instruments, boiled water for tea and coffee, and finally set out the boys itinerary for the day. You were an assistant to The Beatles; hired a few years back shortly after their manager, Brian Epstein, passed. It was a good career move, leaving retail to transition into the business world. It had been a wonderful past few years. You'd gotten to know each of the boys on a personal level, one that people rarely had access to.

The studio was always quiet before the boys trickled in. You savored the muted moments you got to yourself before the arguing started. John was quick to instigate first, followed by Paul chiming in to deter John's comment; meanwhile George and Ringo would sit quietly, only butting in when mentioned. It had been getting worse over the past few months, especially working on their next album. Even little things, such as Yoko eating a biscuit, set people off.

"Morning Dear," The familiar voice of Ringo brought you back to reality. You set down a cup of tea you had been sipping and smiled at him, grabbing the itinerary. He shucked off his tan, fur lined coat onto a coat rack and grabbed the piece of paper out of your hands.

"Morning Ringo," You spoke. He sighed softly, scanning over the paper before grabbing the kettle and pouring hot water into a cup followed by a tea packet.

"Babies kept me up all night." He smiled softly.

"Those two darlings could do nothing wrong," You teased him. Ringo's two children Zak, and Jason, were two of the sweetest boys you had ever met, besides Julian.

"You'd be surprised, love." Ringo joked, "How do you think today will go?" He continued on, but more quiet. You could tell the tension between the group was starting to get to him. Well, not only Ringo, but the other boys as well.

You shrug your shoulders before responding, "Same as usual, honey. But we can always hope that Lennon doesn't get his panties in a dizzy today." You joked, trying to cheer the man up. He stifled a laugh as George walked in with Paul close behind.

"Good morning boys," You smiled warmly, also handing them prints of the schedule. George greeted you back, and immediately walked to his guitar.

"Morning Darling." Paul spoke while giving you a soft look. You and Paul had a sort of special relationship. He had definitely taken a liking to you back when you first started. However, he was also on and off with Linda; deep down you knew the two of you wouldn't end up together. And, to be clear, you two have never had relations before. There had been a few accidents being stoned, and well, turned on. But, you knew deep down that you couldn't fully shag your boss. He hardly persisted, only when Linda wasn't around. It was shallow of him, you knew that.