4. 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: Drug use, Sexual themes, Smut!

*ੈ‧₊˚
September 1968

*ੈ✩‧₊˚September 1968

·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳

After last weeks fiasco with Klein, you'd avoided Paul almost entirely. He could tell something was wrong, but never made a conscious effort to ask. In the meantime, he'd started to bring Linda to the studio almost everyday. She was like a little sliver caught under your skin you just couldn't pick out. The sad thing is, you used to like Linda. You, her and Pattie would often get lunch together. Was this Paul's fault? Yeah, maybe... it seemed that way.

Everybody was already at the studio. However, you guys were in a small conference room waiting for more people to arrive. All the boys were dressed nice, in blazers, suits, and vests. Today was the day they were revising their contracts. Lawyers, managers, the whole big thing. You could feel their nerves, and no one dared to speak. You were standing near the door, John sat at the opposite end of the table, Ringo next to him. George was standing next to the windows and Paul was on the other side of the table away from the rest.

"How're we feeling?" You asked, surveying each of their faces. John scoffed and rolled his eyes. You were a little hurt by it, but brushed it off looking at the others.

"As good as we can be, darling." Ringo spoke, his tone was a little dreary. You began to feel worse; they truly looked miserable... and to think only two years ago they were on top of the world. Rain started to patter against the windows, covering the silence with some white noise. You sighed, taking a seat
against the wall away from the table.

-----------------

The meeting lasted nearly two and a half hours. You took notes when told to, as well as made tea and food runs. When the boys would get too heated over some negotiations Klein had to whistle loudly to interrupt any voices. You also helped the boys calm down and focus on the course of action. With With all the people yelling, throwing fits, and causing trouble, by the end of it you were nearly exhausted. But, glad they had finally come to an agreement. Paul was going to leave a day after the last concert they had scheduled on the 30th of January; John around the same time. Both Ringo and George were also to leave, officially disbanding the Beatles. Though, that was still four months into the future.

As everyone was leaving, Paul and you stayed behind cleaning up the conference room. He was quiet, gathering papers and pushing in chairs. Since you'd been ignoring him all week-- due to Kleins orders-- it felt weird to finally have a moment alone. Once he'd finished assembling his things, he walked passed you to the door. His hand, however, in passing, lingered on your lower back. You wanted so badly to speak to him, but when you opened your mouth, you couldn't find the words. Just before the man opened the door to exit, he turned to face you. You could tell the meeting not only wore you, but Paul as well.