6. 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: None

ੈ✩‧₊˚
December 1968

ੈ✩‧₊˚December 1968

-'๑'-

November had flown by with little thought about your situation. You'd been so busy with the boys that it hadn't crossed your mind. Morning sickness was kicking your ass, but you still managed to get up and get into work on time so no one could suspect anything. Ringo, nearly the whole month, kept asking if you'd told Paul yet- to which you'd answer 'No' and then looking longingly at the black haired man.

You'd noticed Linda had stopped coming around as often too. And when she did, there was usually a heavy tension between her and Paul. Was this your fault? You didn't know if Paul had told her or not, and that was the reason, or if their relationship was starting to fall apart. Whatever it was, you still avoided Paul and Klein kept that enforced. There would be times where he would be playing a little tune on the Piano and you felt a longing feeling in your chest to sit by his side, lay your head on his shoulder, and listen as he sang. Ringo could sense your frustrations, longing and want for Paul. It broke his heart to see you so torn over him, and he wished he could slap the bass player to make him realize what he's done to you.

However, time passes as it will, and it was now late December. Christmas was in a week which meant most of the crew had begun their Holiday breaks. John and Yoko flew to New York, George and Pattie had gone somewhere warm, Ringo and Maureen stayed in town, but they were spending as much time with family as possible; which left Paul and you. Paul hadn't made any Holiday plans, and continued to show up to the studio to work. You didn't have any family in the city, and didn't feel like seeing your family to begin with, which meant you were going to be spending the break alone.

You arrived to the studio shortly after 10 today, deciding to let yourself get some extra rest. You were up late the previous night feeling sick and figured since everyone was on break, it was okay. The studio was quiet, save for a handful of people puttering about; the ones who ran the business side of the operation. You made your way to your makeshift office, which was a larger closet with a small window, and entered the room. You tried to decorate the space to give you some Holiday cheer, but your sad decorations didn't seem to be doing the trick. Your plastic, one foot tall, Christmas tree had somehow gotten bent and now stood in an upside down L shape. The tinsel hung along your desk and doorway had started to come off and droop, and someone had stolen your bowl of festive chocolates. You groaned upon seeing the sad decor, and set your stuff down onto your desk with a heavy sigh. Just as you did so, a knock sounded at the door.

"Come in!" You called, sitting down. The door creaked open revealing Paul. The man walked in, and closed the door behind. You felt your nerves pick up slightly at his presence.