Chapter 4

They arrived to the Moonstone. The moon was rising slowly. They had to wait until the moon was in the right spot, casting it's light onto the cold rock. Lionclaw was told to sit outside the mountain to protect them.

Briarpaw slowly approched her mentor and sat down next to her. She saw all the other medicine cats. Cloudspot's from ThunderClan, Stormheart and their apprentice Jawpaw from WindClan, and Badgerfang from ShadowClan.

Brairpaw felt nervousness itching in her pelt. This was the day she'd officially become a medicine cat after she failed warrior training. She was too distracted by the scent of herbs. The urge to help was too much to handle. She was destined to become a medicine cat, ever since birth. She could hardly pay attention to her mentor as a warrior.

Mothflight looked at Briarpaw. "Are you ready?"

Brairpaw hesitated nervously and gave a simple nodd.

Mothflight looked at the other medicine cats and waved her white paw in the air.

"I call upon our warrior ancestors to approve of this apprentice." Mothflight mewed, looking at Brairpaw. "Brairpae, do you promise to uphold the medicine cat code, to not take a mate till training is done. To not have kits until you successfully trained an apprentice. To help kits in danger, even out of the clan. Become a great healer?"

Brairpaw felt nervous inside. She'd officially become Mothflightd apprentice! She sat down on her hunches loud and proud. "I do." She mewed.

"Then, you're apprentice for now will be Brairpaw. StarClan is proud of you. "

With that, they started yowling her name. Brairpae could hear Lionclae also yowling her name even though he was outside.

Mothflight looked at the other medicine cats. "Looks like the perfect time to talk to our ancestors."

Brairpae knew exactly what to do. Mothflight told her what to do. She gently closed her eyes, laying down on the cold stone floor. She moved her muzzle and touched the Moonstone.

She watched as her life flashed before her eyes. She opened her eyes and noticed she was in a very pretty place. Prey with little stars in their pelt running around. Kits with stars in their pelts also.

Her heart ached when she say this. This was StarClan. A place with dead cats worthy of joining could go if they had a good life and did good deeds. If not, they'd go to The Dark Forest, a.k.a The Place of No Stars.

She noticed a grey-blue cat with green eyes approching her. It was Riverstar! The first leader of RiverClan, creater of RiverClan.

Riverstar walked gracefully towards Brairpaw, his tails high up in the air.

"Welcome to StarClan, Brairpaw. I have a message to pass on to you." Riverstar mewed. "The stars are falling. The Place of No Star's is rising. 3 cats must go on a mission to save StarClan, to save the living world before it's too late." Riverstar mewed, slowly retreating.

Brairpaw opened her eyes, looking around.

Mothflighy turned to look at her. "Who did you see? What did they say!" She mewed frantically.

"I spoke to Riverstar. He said 'The Stars are falling. The Place of No Star's is rising. 3 cats must go on a mission to save StarClan, to save the living world before it's too late.'" Brairpaw mumbled softly.

"This is urgent. We must tell the othet medicine cats to pass onto the leaders." Mothflight leaped up. She told all the other medicine cats. They nodded in agreement to pass it on. Soon, they all left the Moonstone, padding out.

Lionclaw's ears perked up. He immediately bounded towards Brairpaw. He looked happy to see her again.

"So, I heard you're approved~ Good job, little one~" He purred softly.

Brairpaw gave a nervous smile an nodded. She felt his tail wrap around her again as they padded back to RiverClan.