Chapter 5

Lionclaw growled as he fought against the StarClan warrior, his claws raking their back and screaming in pain. He smirked in satisfaction. He knew it was wrong, but he had to please his leader no matter what. He leaped on top of them, his claws digging into their fur. The StarClan warrior screamed in pure pain, thrashing around, trying to get Lionclaw off of them.

"Why are you doing this! This won't get you into StarClan! You'll end up here instead!" The StarClan warrior hissed, rolling on their back which got Lionclaw off of them. The warrior jumped to his paws, claws unshelthed and slashed at Lionclaw muzzle. Lionclaw's muzzle oozed blood.

Lionclaw growled, fire glittering in his eyes, pure fury bubbling inside him. He growled and leaped at the StarClan warrior, his claws tearing the StarClan warrior apart as they yelled in pain. Lionclaw ripped them to the bone, guts everywhere. He smirked in satisfaction as the spirt faded away. He rubbed his paw over his muzzle to stop the blood and licked his paw.

He turned his head to his mentor.  "So, how did I do? Did a pass the lesson?"

The Shaodwy cat looked at him. "Yes, you indeed passed today's lesson. You'll make a fine Dark Forest warrior." He purred, turning back to his mate,  burying his head in Nightcloud's neck. Nightcloud turned to Lionclaw.

"How about you go back to the living world. I'm sure you don't want to get caught being here. Who knows if a living cat is watching us. We can't risk getting caught. We don't need our plan slipping out or else we'll go into war faster than we need." Nightcloud muttered the last part. He didn't need Lionclaw figuring out their plan. They didn't need to kill more cats because they found out the Dark Forest's plan.

Lionclaw nodded his head okay, he closed his eyes, thinking of the living world and his body drifted away.

He woke up, the feeling of a soft, plush nest under his fur. He grumbled and his eyes flickered open. He slowly sat up from his nest yawning. He stood up from his nest, shaking his fur and licking his chest slightly.  His nose stung a bit, at least it was infected at all. He slowly walked out of the warriors den, the sun was shining bright over RiverClan camp. The sound of rushing water from the river soothed him, calming him down. He is glad to live in RiverClan, the best clan out of all Four clans near the lake territory. He sighed and went to the fresh-kill pile. He picked out a large carp, settling down next to a bush, ripping off the meat in the carp, chewing it.

His eyes lingered to Brairpaw. She was going to get her medicine cat name. She is slowly being able to become his mate. He still had to wait many moons. It's too long for him. He wish she'd just become a warrior instead! But, he knew he has to wait. This is Brairpaw's destiny. But what if she died before they could have kits! What if she found out his secret! What if he died! His mind was filled with many worrisome thoughts. She's the only cat he wanted to be with. What if some other tom got to her before he did! He shook his head and finished his carp.

He say up, burying the bones under ground. His head turned to were Brairpaw last was at and noticed she was gone now. He sighed and decided to go do some hunting now.

He trecked towards the river and sat down. He stared down at the river, his eyes squinted, looking around for a fish. His eyes landed on a fish swimming in the water. He stuck his paw in the water, his claws gripped onto the fish.

He yanked it out of the water and bit it. It immediately fell limp in his paws. He picked it up in his jaws and trotted to the fresh-kill pile. He placed it in the pile. He decided to go on patrol, alone. He wanted to bring Brairpaw. Spend some time with her, but he knew she'd be busy. He sighed and went on boarder patrol alone. He wanted to do it with Briarpaw, but she'd be busy with medicine cat duties.

He let out a low grumble and trotted towards the boarder. He sniffed it, at least ShadowClan wasn't pushing their boarders into RiverClan. He sighed in releif and trecked off the boarder they shared with WindClan.

As he walked towards the boarder, he noticed some WindClan warriors inside their boarder. He hissed and ran towards them. He leaped on top of the warrior and wrestled with them, digging his claws into their fur.

"GET OFF OF RIVERCLAN TERRITORY YOU FOXHEART!" Lionclaw hissed and slashed their muzzle.

The WindClan warrior yowled. "You can't do anything! I'm the WindClan deputy, mouse brain! I need to speak with Ripplestar!" The flame pelt warrior kicked Lionclaw off.

Lionclaw hissed as he landed on his back. "Then why do you have 4 warriors with you! Send them back before I shread you." He snarled, his tail flicking in irritation.

"Fine, next time I won't be so nice." Firefur glanced at the warriors and they turned around and raced back to WindClan camp.

Lionclaw knew this wouldn't be the last time he'd see them. He grumbled and walked towards RiverClan camp with Firefur behind him. "Why are you here." He hissed.

"I'm not telling you, only the leader needs to know." Firefur mewed. "Only the leader needs to know."

Lionclaw growled slightly and soon they arrived infront of Ripplestar's den. "Go inside, foxheart." He growled.

Firefur nodded his head and entered the den.

Lionclaw yawned and went to the warriors den. He curled up in his nest and fell asleep, slowly drifiting into the Place of No Stars.

. . .

Lionclaw opened his eyes, the smell of death and smoke drifting into his nose. He coughed and noticed Nightcloud, sitting down, his tail flicking back of forth.

"Welcome back, Lionclaw. You're time to become deputy in the living world is coming closer." Nightcloud purred and nuzzled his nose in his mates cheek. "We're doing so good, love."

The shadowy cat purred back. "We are. We just have to make sure no cat finds out our plan." He whispered.

Nightcloud nodded and turned his head towards Lionclaw. "We don't have training for today, you can go back Lionclaw. Something terrible is coming to the living world. You must go back." He warned.

Lionclaw nodded, his heart pounding in his chest. He felt nervius, what was going on in the living world! He closed his eyes, thinking of hapoy thoughts, a future with Briarpaw.

. . .

Lionclaw's ear flicked back and forth. He heard the sounds of cats yowling. He grumbled, his claws digging in his nest. Something just didn't sit right in his chest. He could smell smoke, it wasn't good at all. He opened his eyes and noticed a fire. His heart skipped a beat.

He leaped out of his nest and ran out. How could their be a fire in RiverClan! He immediately started thibking terrible thoughts! What if Briarpaw wasn't okay! He noticed many cats running to the other side of the river. He noticed the deputy, Nightblaze, coughing. He glanced at him and tried to reach to him.

"Go, don't save me. It's my time to join StarClan." Nightblaze coughed and fell of his paws.

"No! I have to save you! I can't let you die!" Lionclaw whimpered, curling up next go Nightblaze. "I'm not leaving you behind. I'm staying."

"No.. Please go... I'm not going to let a good warrior die because of me. Go, join your clan. You're the future of the clan." Nightblaze mewed. He coughed again, his head fell back and his heart stopped beating.