CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - MOVING FORWARD

RECAP

I smiled sadly at him. "You promised me Daddy. You cannot do anything to them. I will see to their deaths myself." I said emotionlessly before turning to look at the burning firewood again.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Location: Villa Costello – Main Dining Room

Time: 5:30PM – Family Dinner – Post Revelation

I had the same recurring nightmare again last night

I had the same recurring nightmare again last night. My beloved son's body flying through the air, hitting the floor with a loud thud before his cries followed.

I woke up earlier today with a splitting migraine, not because of what happened in the past few days, but because of the stresses on my mental and emotional health. The wounds have healed, not completely though. It was more of a dull pain on my ribs. Ivan mentioned that it would take a couple of months before they fully recover and my best bet was to rest more, avoid strenuous exercises and definitely use the rib brace as much as I could.

Isabella prepared a scrumptious meal for all of us today as majority of the employees were still on their Christmas break. Even Mrs Anne went on her Christmas holiday, so most of the household chores were shared amongst each of us.

"Let me know darling if you want a second serving." Isabella said gently as she placed the plate of food on the table. As compared to everyone else, I had a portion similar to what Alina and Mikaela were having. It was half of a medium-cooked steak with mushroom and black pepper sauce, a small scoop of smooth whipped potato and a side of Caesar salad with a handful of croutons.

"These are perfect Mum. Thank you." I replied quietly as I smiled at her. She leaned down and gave a kiss to my temple before heading back to her seat, smiling at Dad.

"How are you coping Nora? The injuries especially." Ivan asked, cutting a piece of steak, and putting it into his mouth. "It is definitely healing well. Right now, it is more or less a dull throbbing sensation but nothing that requires a dose of painkiller." I replied. "That is good to hear pumpkin. Anyway, did Mrs O'Brien reach out to you?" Dad asked quietly, sipping on the red wine that was in his wine glass in front of him.

"Yeah she did. She said that there were a couple of documents I would need to urgently fax over. I was wondering if you could help me with that." I said out loud. "Sure, Lia, could help her out?" Dad asked. "Of course. I'll come with you later to the home library where we can sit and sort out all the documents that you would need." She said while looking at me. "Thanks Daddy." I said quietly as I looked at him. I saw him returned the biggest smile back to me.

"Um, I was wondering if you could allow me to return to London for a couple of days." I asked, hoping that he would allow me to. "Any particular reason as to why you would need to go back there?" He asked sternly.