CHAPTER TWENTY - BIRTHDAY REQUEST

RECAP

"Congratulations once again, Class of 2024. May our journey be filled with purpose, fulfilment, and endless opportunities. May all of us continue to learn, grow, and make positive impact on the world. Let us go forth and conquer, knowing that we have the power to shape our own destiny." I ended my speech, stepping towards the middle if the stage and facing the auditorium full of people.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Location: Hotel Penthouse

Time: 5:00PM – Post Graduation Ceremony – Wednesday Evening

Here I was with my family at the Penthouse's swimming pool, overlooking the beautiful view of the skyscrapers

Here I was with my family at the Penthouse's swimming pool, overlooking the beautiful view of the skyscrapers. Alexander and Michelle were by the grill, barbequing some early dinner for us. Ivan and Natalia were playing board games with the younger children.

I stood by the railing looking at the view in front of me as I took a long puff of the cigar that I was holding. "Hey honey. What are you doing?" Isabella asked as she stood beside me. I stepped back and pulled her to stand with her back against my front.

"The view is beautiful isn't it?" She asked quietly as she leaned back against me. "Yeah it is. I was just enjoying the view and replaying the entire graduation ceremony that we attended earlier." I said. "I am so proud of Nora sweetheart. Although she may not be my biological daughter, I couldn't help it but be so proud of her. She stood on stage, tall and proud, an air of authority surrounds her, independence exudes from her when she gave that amazing graduation speech with eloquence." She said while smiling brightly.

"She remembered my words. That is what amazes me the most. It was the same words I shared that one day when Xander wanted some fatherly advice and both Ivan and herself were in the home office, playing. Back then when she was 6 years old. I did not expect her to remember the exact word-for-word." I mumbled, feeling super proud.

"I spoke to Michelle and Natalia earlier today. They suggested that we ask her exactly what she wants. Since it was a little too short of a notice to plan one. What do you think?" She asked, turning to face me, and playing with the buttons of my shirt. "Sure. I think that is a good idea." I said, smiling down at her lovingly.

I turned and saw Nora walking out of the glass door with a clipboard on one hand and her mobile phone in the other. "Oh god Alice, are you kidding me? There is no way you have forgotten to do that. Jesus Christ. I was only away for a month plus. How am I supposed to hand over the Student's Association over to you if you keep on doing this? You were doing fine during the previous plannings." I heard her scolding the person over the phone.

"That is a Costello right there for sure." I heard Xander say as he placed the barbequed food on the coffee table.

_______________________________________________________________________________