Chapter 3

2025 laney pov

    I  tried to warn him. I told him to stay away. But that big dumb idiot just couldn't take no for an answer. I knew it would end bad he didn't know who my father was. None of those idiot kids did because if they would've known... they would've feared me. Worshiped me.

10 years ago 2015

My mom picked me up from the skating castle and immediately knew something was up.

" what is wrong with you fix your face! I let you come to this stupid skate castle instead of doing my laundry and you get in my car with that ungrateful face." She spat at me with no regard as to how me, her daughter was feeling. " NOTHING! mami I had fun it was fine thank you for letting me come." I said with a pleading look in my eyes hoping she would forget about me screaming at her.

* SLAP!*

She... she slapped me. I held my stinging cheek holding back tears knowing she would do it again if I cried. I hate it here. I wish I could be with my dad. I'm not sure his cell mates would like that very much. The rest of the car ride was silent I looked out the window hoping not to agitate her further. Once we got home she broke the silence.

" I'm so sorry Laney mi amor you know I love you, I just want you to appreciate the things I do for you. My parents would've never let me got out alone when I was your age."

I knew  she was manipulating me it was what she did best. I fell for it every time because she was my mother there's no way she actually wants to hurt me. She was right I should've been grateful.

" No mami you were right I should've been more grateful I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you I promise. I'll go and wash your clothes and put them away for you so you can rest." I apologized to my mom because i knew she was struggling ever since my father left. " ok mi tesoro you have all weekend so don't got to sleep to late." She said with love and warmth in her voice. " I love you mami." " ok go get my hamper it's in my room" she then went to bed.

2025 Laney

     Dear old mami. That manipulative bitch. She had me on the hook for years. She didn't love me, she despised me because I looked like my papi. The worst part is even know all I want is for her to love me...for real. So until she does in the nursing home she'll stay.

10 years ago 2015

1 week after the skating castle ....

School has been hell. I lost the two friends I had made over a boy. A boy! Honestly they annoyed me but at least I wasn't alone. They walk past me in the hallways and laugh as if I just told the worlds funniest joke. I haven't talk to the cute boy either he really stuck to the deal. He won't even look at me. For some reason I'm having trouble trying to keep my end of the deal , all I wanna do is go up to him and hug him. I want him to hold me a never let go, but let's be realistic it was one night I couldn't like him after one night. I'm just being stupid. At least I still have my favorite cousin Becca, but even she has her own friends. In a matter of weeks I became the outsider. AGAIN.

3 months since the skating castle .....

EVERYTHING HAS GOTTEN WAY BETTER!! Becca introduced me to her friends and they all welcomed me . I still miss Ky and Lonnie I've had time to think about everything and honestly I'm not sure I would've acted any differently then they did. Of course I'm still mad and want a little bit of revenge but all in due time. They don't laugh at me anymore and ever now and again Lonnie smiles and waves at me when ky isn't looking. I think it's ridiculous but really what do I care. I've got new friends who I trust and adore mostly because Becca does but also because they genuinely care. Then there's cute boy.... We still avoid and ignore each other it's gotten a lot easier for me honestly.

I was deep in thought when my phone buzzed and to my surprise my dear Lonnie finally gave in.

————————————————————————————

Hey Laney I miss you!
Ik Ky does too I just think she
Doesn't know how to say sorry!

Hey Lonnie . It's easy she just
Needs to say sorry. I was just trying to be
A good friend and warn her to be
Careful. She was really mean.

Your right I'm sorry for
Not defending you.
Can we be friends again?

Hey Laney! I'm soooooo
Sorry. I'm so stupid and dumb
And an idiot please forgive me!!
Can we be friends again?

Hey Ky..... OFC I FORGIVE
YOU!!!! Let's got to the skating
Castle this Friday !!! Also ofc we can all
Be friends again!
————————————————————————————

Oh how I had those girls in the palm of my hands. They had no idea what I had planned for them and what I already knew about them. They thought they could just kiss my feet and say sorry. Wrong . I had been planning my revenge for months. I could smell the knife they had for my back from the moment I walked into class so I stocked up on dirt. Ky sang like a canary about Lonnie's "habits" she told me how lonnie is a serial masturbater EVEN AT SCHOOL! And guess who had it all on tape.

As for Ky oh she gonna wish she had believed me about her boyfriend. Because now I'm just gonna rub her nose in it. And I had the perfect girl to show her what a flirty bastard her boyfriend was. My dear loving would rob a bank for me cousin Becca.

Lunch time

" hey becca were on" I whispered in my cousins ear a smirk growing on her face as we walked past Ky and Lonnie's table. I was deep in thought when I saw it. my cute boy with his arm around one of my new friends Kate. My chest got tight and my face burned red at the sight of him with another girl. screw one night screw him. He saw me walking towards the table and excused himself barely making eye contact. My gears were turning and I was high on revenge.

" hiii Kate!!" I said as I gave her a hug and swiped her phone from her sweater pocket. I shot Becca a look only she would know and got up from the table to excuse my self.

" I need to use the bathroom Becca will you come with me please I'm not feeling great." I smiled at Becca and the rest of the group dropping my eyes and seeming nauseous. " ofc Laney! Yea you do look a little pale." She replied I rolled my eyes at her pale comment and we snuck off to the faculty bathroom to make sure we were alone.

" what is it Laney you gave me that look and nothing good ever comes from that look" I pulled Kate's phone out of my pocket and gave my cousin a mischievous smirk.

" seems as though we need to add one more person to the hit list. Little miss Kate is going to wish she never even looked at my cute boy."

" you do know his name is o-"

" seriously Becca I don't care let's just get to work. Kate is about to play an embarrassing video of Lonnie at the skating castle. But oh no she also texted you asking you to flirt with ky's boyfriend. She just wanted to be a good friend and get revenge for her new friend Laney."

2025 Laney

And so my genius plan was in play. I was about to hit the perfect trifecta. It was perfect I'd get my revenge and my friends back. And my cute boy would be all mine for the taking. At least that's what I thought....