1.

Vote and comment 🫶🏻

 I sat down spreading the dress and roamed my hands on the neckpiece while closing my eyes and tilting my head

I sat down spreading the dress and roamed my hands on the neckpiece while closing my eyes and tilting my head. "You are doing amazing. Now, the last shot."
I leaned on the chair, cupping my left cheek with my left hand and right hand on my right thigh looking straight into the camera with a poker face. With a click, Nick gave me a thumbs up to which I smiled.

Priya, my assistant ran towards me with a towel and a hand fan. "Did he call or message?" I asked her, hoping my boyfriend could have at least dropped a message for me. He's being so messy these days, I don't know what's going on with him. No dates, no calls or messages. "No mam" she denied to which I sighed heavily.
I made my way to Nick.
"You did so well. I will choose the best one for the cover page." Nick appreciated making me smile ear-to-ear. "Thank you. I'm looking forward to it." Honestly, I'm not at all excited but have to show it.
"When are you going back to India?" he asked. "I have my flight tomorrow morning." It's been 2 weeks in Australia and I miss my bed so much. These past days were so exhausting, the only thing I want to do after going back is to sleep peacefully and comfortably without any tension or purpose of waking up early.
Also, I'll go and meet Mihir. He can't even make some time to ask me, his girlfriend about her day or her health or say that he's missing me. Jhanvi was right I shouldn't have trusted him. Why can't he care about me?
Nick knocked on the table making me break my deep thoughts. I looked at him and he chuckled. "You seem lost," he stated. I just smiled nervously at his words. "Are you free tonight?" he asked me all of a sudden. Though I had plans of resting tonight I said "Yes, I guess."
"So would you like to go for dinner with me?" he asked. Why do I feel he's asking for a date, rascal? I frown my eyebrow. "Just a dinner, I mean-" I cut him off "Sure." The heck I said that.

It has always been like this. I say words, without giving it a thought and then regret it to my core. Can't I just take my words back?

He smiled. "Then, I'll pick you up at seven. Is that okay with you?" he asked while getting up from the chair. "Yeah, it would be fine." He waved and left.
I put my head down on the table more like leaning on it. Gosh, I feel so dizzy. I haven't taken my medicine this whole week. I have iron deficiency, a shortage of breath, headache, dizziness, weird and unusual cravings, and a fast heartbeat. I sometimes even faint without realization. Every time I faint, the only thing I remember is the blackspots coming in front of my eyes and then I would wake up on a couch, bed or a hospital bed.

I yawned for the nth time while getting ready for the dinner. I rubbed my eyes and realized I just applied my eyeliner SHITTTT!! I groaned and took a wet tissue from the table. I tried my best to remove it but wait it's waterproof? My god, why me? I almost cried. Can't I go faceless? What? Shiranya, come back to your senses. Don't let your intrusive thoughts win. I patted my cheeks and looked at my image in the mirror. I made my way to the washroom to remove my makeup just then I heard my phone ringing. Uff Jhanvi!!
Me: 'What?' She's in Los Angeles, attending a fashion event.
Jhanvi: 'Shiruu' With that accent I could sense she was drunk. It would be 12:30 am by now in LA.
Me: 'hmm'
Jhanvi: 'Shiraa' she again murmured in her drunk voice.
Me: 'Hann!' I'm already pissed off and she's making it worse.
Jhanvi: 'Sheila ki jawani' is like a nickname given to me by only best friend of mine JHANVI
Me: 'Bol!'
Jhanvi: 'Shiranyaaaa' that's it the bar of my patience level just broke.
Me: 'SUNAYI DE RAHA HAI, BEHRI NAHI HOON MAIN!' I screamed. (I can hear you, I'm not deaf) 'Where is Ishan?' I asked and she laughed.
Jhanvi: 'Balbeer Singh what are you doing here?' and she laughed again. I rolled my eyes before hanging up her call.

My god this girl is going insane. I called Ishan. He picked up the call in 3 rings.
Ishan: 'Hey Shiranya, how-' I cut him off
Me: 'Apni Premi ka ko sambhal, she's drunk.' (take care of your girlfriend) I said in a stern voice.
Ishan: 'She's in the par- what the fuck NO!! She's... I'll call you later. Bye' and he cut the call.

What's going on?
It was 7:30 by now and here I was having dinner with Nick sitting opposite to him. We are at a 5-star hotel and I hate their food. It's like 'unchi dukan, fike pakwan' (high end dish dish). He asked what I would like to order, I just said I'm fine with anything. He ordered spaghetti pasta and chicken parmigiana.

"Who all are there in your family?" Nick asked. "I have an elder brother he's married and lives in Germany with my parents. How about your family?"
"My parents live with my daughter and I'm getting divorced." He has a daughter and having a divorce. "Divorce?" I asked frowning eyebrows. "Yeah. We're out of love." How can he say that so casually? If you both wanted to separate then why have a child and ruin her life?
"Well, your eyes are really pretty." He complimented probably trying to change the topic. "Thank you." I usually get compliments about my eyes big, round, green-hazel eyes.

NEXT DAY
Sitting in the airport lounge I ate a burger. In the morning? Yes. GOSH, this headache will kill me. I opened WhatsApp on my phone to see the message that was sent a week ago. A new neighbour? On, my left? Woah. I hope it's a girl of my age so we can be friends wait- Dr. Adhvik Malhotra. A doctor? Would probably be in his 40s. Old man. I sighed.
"Priya, do you have Disprin or saridon?" she checked in her handbag. "No mam. But I haave combiflam." She said handing me the tablet. "Yeah, fine this will work too. Thanks" I gulped the tabled with the water.

"Good morning passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight xoxo to Mumbai. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes. Thank you." Ugh, Airline announcement.

BACK IN INDIA
"Mam, will you be able to go?" Priya asked being concerned about my health. I feel dizzy and weak. And this headache isn't stopping.
"Yeah, I'll go" She nodded and left waving at me. It was already 11 pm and it would take 30-45 minutes to reach my apartment. Taking up a taxi I made my way to my house.
The car stopped making me realise, I reached the apartment building. The driver took my luggage out. I got out of the car and paid him. I entered the elevator and gripped my suitcase. Everything around me was spinning, black spots came in from my eyes and... 

~to be continued~

Thanks for reading. Kindly comment your views.