6.

Vote and Comment 🫶🏻

21 years ago; age- 11

India

"Mumma! Kabir is again sitting inside the fridge," I complained glancing at the open fridge where Kabir was sitting. He pouted and looked away, showing his anger. I heard Mumma's footsteps and the sound of her anklets as she entered the kitchen. There was a dark blue coat in her hand which I supposed belonged to Papa.

"Kabir!" she sterned keeping the coat on the nearby chair. I flinched when someone came behind me and wrapped small arms around my waist. I glanced at the fridge which was now closed.

I look at Kabir who held me as his life depended on it. It does.

"Kabir... how many times should I explain to you?" Mumma was furious. Sorry Kabir but you need a good lesson.

He lifts his gaze at me pleading me to save him. I calmly shook my head. He pouted and hid himself behind me. I gazed up only to meet Mumma's furious eyes, making me gulp.

"Move aside Adhi," Mumma sighed. In response, I tried to move but got held by my waist. She took a few steps towards us making Kabir tighten his grip around me.

Just when she was about to get Kabir the door of our penthouse rang. She moved away from us and gave him one last glare before going to the main door. Kabir slowly removed his hands from me and came in front of me.

I got down on my knees matching his level, and held his arms but he didn't bother to make eye contact with me.

"Kabir see," I said as he lifted his eyelids. "You shouldn't make Mumma angry. What if something happened to you while you were sitting inside the fridge? Never make her sad, she loves us so much Kabir," he nodded like an obedient kid.

"And-," my words got cut off when I heard Mumma calling us into the living room. "HAN AAYA," Kabir shouted back, letting go of my hold on him he ran leaving me alone in the kitchen.

I got up and walked into the living room only to see Rishi Uncle and Heer Aunty sitting with their 3-year-old daughter- Reva, while Kabir hid behind Mumma. He gets shy around Reva.

"Namaste Uncle, Namaste Aunty," I greeted joining my hands, just like Mumma taught me and they greeted me back. I know they will collaborate with my mother's company very soon and build a new empire, together.

"How are you doing beta?" Rishi uncle asked while taking the glass of water bought by our housemaid.

"I am doing good. Thank you for asking," I replied as he nodded, smiling at me.

"Adhi. Get some chocolates for Reva," Mumma said looking at Reva standing near Kabir.

"Yes-," my words got cut off as my brother spoke. "I'll bring them," he said running into his room with a huge grin.