2.

half an hour delay ho gaya swarryyyy gaizzz
(this chapter is not edited, kindly ignore the mistakes i'll sort it out sometime later and swarg lok is in next chapter 💋)

VOTE AND COMMENT
!Read the note in the end!

happy reading~

6 years ago, London

"Hence, it's proven that Mrs Sanjana Malhotra attempted suicide and it was not a murder." The judge announced that made me lift my head to look at him. "This case is closed." He added. A tear dropped from my eyes and I realised I was holding it for a long time. I wiped them away and gazed at my lawyer who was already lost in deep thoughts.

This case was opened by me for the 3rd time now. Papa asked me to give up on it but this is not what my mother taught me, I am not doing something wrong by fighting for her justice. I know, I just know that woman killed her. Though I was 12 at that time that doesn't make me naïve, right?

"I am so sorry, Adhvik." My lawyer and my school friend, Ditya apologized with guilt in her eyes. I just hummed at her words and turned my heel to walk away. "Adhvik!" The same female voice reached my ears and I turned to her. "Adhvik it's all my fau-" "okay Ditya, people aren't meant to be trusted." I cut her off.

Being in this court for 35 minutes already, she didn't even open her mouth to defend and now apologizing, she was just sitting there lost in her thoughts. "Thank you, your payment will be sent," I said and took out my phone from my jeans pocket. She is still standing in front of me looking down and trembling in fear. "Is there something wrong?" I asked looking at her hands as she pulled her court sleeves more, but she didn't reply and instead gave a small nervous smile. "Ditya." I called out her name and lifted my eyes from my phone to see her looking at the ground being zoned out. "Ditya?" No reply. "Ditya?" Again, no reply. I called her name and this time she flinched with a 'huh', looking at me and blinking her eyes. What happened to her?

"Are you alright?" I asked her putting my hand on her shoulder. First, she jerked a little and then again smiled nodding her head. "Yeah, I'm alright." She replied. She doesn't seem alright to me telling everyone that she's fine and then zoning out again and again. But I just let it go, forcing someone even after they don't feel like sharing is not a good thing.

"Well, I shall leave now. I also have to pick Kabir from his university." I said as she picked up her files and walked towards me. "Can you drop me to his office?" She asked. I nodded in response and we made our way to my car. She kept her belongings in the backseat and sat on the passenger seat. And we drove off. Neither of us shared a word in the ride.

She isn't on good terms with her husband. I advised her to take a break from this relationship but she just ignored my words.

"Here we are," I said as I pulled the car brake. She gazed at me before thanking me and got down taking her files from the backseat.

A month prior to the present

20 years to that incident and I still can't find the murder. Shame on me right?

After the case was dismissed, I again remanded it two to three times and the last it got disposed of. I knew it was all a plan. Though the killers were not here they knew everything going on in here.

"Dr. Malhotra!" I heard Luna's voice which made me break my chain of thoughts and I realised I was in the hospital. I gazed upon her as she ran towards me with a kid behind her. Reyhaan, Ditya's 5-year-old son.

"What happened?" I asked gazing at them one by one. "Uncle... mum-mumma is bl-eeding." Reyhaan said and finally, the tears he was controlling rolled down his cheeks. I wiped his tears with my thumbs and made him sit on my lap. "What happened to her?" I asked Luna. "She was shot in the stomach." She said.

"Is Dr. Evan present?" I asked patting Reyhaan's back as I heard his sobs. "He'll be here soon." I hummed. "He wanted to see you so..." She added pointing at the little boy. "Yeah, it's fine. I'll take care." And she turned her heel and walked away nodding her head.

"Mumma would be fine, no?" Reyhaan murmured keeping snuggling into my chest and wrapping my hand around me.
"Your mother is a warrior."

"She's the strongest."
"She'll be alright."
I said rubbing his back and hearing him snoring softly which erupted a small smile on my lips.

Coming back home, the first thing I saw was Kabir standing with a helmet and the bike key in his hands. I have told him many times not to ride bikes at this hour but this guy is getting out of hand.

I folded my hand on my chest and glared at him, to which he nervously smiled. "Hh-hi bhaiya!" He greeted and waved his right hand which had the keys, realising the keys he gazed at it and threw it behind him which made the bulb break making him flinch. "Sorry bhaiya... woh-" Before he could complete I left the hall.

I entered the hall after getting freshened up and he was there watching 'Dora: The Explorer'. "Kabir come have your food," I called him out.

"I have something important to talk about," I said as he choked on his food. "Huh? Are you seeing a girl for me? I'll be marri-" he spoke after gulping a whole glass of water in one go. " Shut up, Kabir" I glared making him gulp. "I was just sayi-" he again opened his mouth to speak but this time shut his mouth with a carrot.

"Listen" I said to which he just nodded like an obedient child as if he was. "We are going to India," I announced as his eyes shined. "WOW!" he exclaimed. "Par kyun?" he asked being opposite the way he exclaimed a second ago. "We have a very important work there," I said.
(but why)

"Like what?" he asked again.
"Don't ask much. You're coming with me." I said and stood up from the seat.

"Can I make an Indian girlfriend?" he asked with hope in his eyes. "No one's interested in you." Broke your bubble. Sorry. Not sorry.

Present

"And that kid, what's his name? Riyan? Reyansh?" Kabir has been bickering about that since the past 2 months. "Reyhaan," I said. "Yeah, that kid... I don't what does what he thinks of himself, kids shouldn't have this much of an attitude." He complained like a 7-year-old. "bass Kabir, woh bacha hai." I said consoling him. "Bacha? Aafat hai woh aafat." He muttered.

I stopped the car at the parking lot. Just then Kabir got a call and got down. "Bhaiya you go I'll be there after taking this call." I hummed and took the keys making my way to the elevator, typing on my phone I pressed the button and the elevator door opened.

I stepped inside and something came to my feet I gazed down and saw a lady's handbag. I looked around to see more luggage behind me and the next thing I saw made my eyes almost pop out.

A GIRL
LAYING ON THE GROUND

"Is she homeless?" I bent down to see whether she was asleep or unconscious. Seeing her pale face and dark brown hair doesn't seem like she's a beggar.

I grabbed her wrist to check her nerves and came to the conclusion she just fainted away. The elevator door opened. My floor. Already? Having no choice I picked her up in my arms and brought her to my apartment. I laid her down on my bed and pulled the duvet making sure she was comfortable.

I looked at frowning my eyebrows realising about her luggage. Taking up my phone I called Kabir.

Kabir: Han bhaiya?
Me: Lift main suitcase and bags honge lekar aana
(get the suitcase and bags from the lift while coming)
Kabir: huh? Who's dead bo-
Before he could complete I hung up the call.

to be continued~

Thank you all for having patience and waiting for me.

ily guys sm 🥹🫶🏻

Also the lawyer 'Ditya' is from the upcoming book "ditya weds trishank"

IS THE STORY INTERESTING? pls be honest