Prologue - Black Marsh

The ancient Hist trees of Black Marsh are among the oldest, wisest, and most powerful of all beings on Tamriel. Throughout history, they have occasionally granted the Argonians incredible power during times of need. Kasaah Careesilus, known by her village as the Stylite Storm, had a deep connection to the Hist, and she represented what Argonians were capable of with a deep bond to this ancient power. She was a shamanistic destruction mage, who approached combat with a combination of spells, potions, and unique rituals. She brought balance back to the world, and guarded against the improper use of powerful magic. Kasaah led a relatively peaceful life in the heart of Black Marsh, as a Tree Minder. Her duties included tending to an ancient Hist tree, and the administration of Hist sap for the Saxhleel youth to ingest. This was an important coming-of-age ritual, and she gave her duties the serious dedication befitting a village Shaman. She was a fun-loving citizen of her village, and very happy with her life. But one day, her peaceful routines were suddenly interrupted. Kasaah began having reccuring dreams of soaring over jagged snow-capped peaks, followed by free-falling into a dark and fiery abyss. It was the same dream each time, and it always ended with the same fiery free-fall. She jolted awake one night in realisation: her Hist tree was trying to tell her something. She slipped outside, harvested sap from the ancient tree, and drank. In a flash of pure understanding, all was revealed to her. She was shown a coming calamity of Dragons, and what would happen to the world should they return. She learned that the separation of the Schools of Magic were an illusion, and that grand destructive power could be distilled from the spark of life, found in even the tiniest of flower petals. The Hist showed Kasaah the tallest mountains of Tamriel from her dreams, and instructed her to travel there. The fate of Tamriel would be decided in the frozen north, and she was chosen to be the Hist's bastion of defence against the threat of desolation. The next day, she bade farewell to her village and began travelling north.