ii. NEW INFORMATION

"He's... he's in the Mountain Lovers club? Uh, no offense, but why." Ace asks incredulously.

Jade smiled, "Because he loves the mountains, of course. The two of us have gone on a few trips up to the mountains, and it turns out he's great at finding and cooking up mushrooms. He mentioned he grew up in the mountains. Does that help?"

Yuu scratched their chin in thought, "Do you know anything about which mountains?"

"I believe he called them the Arcadian Mountains, but I could be mistaken. The boy hardly says anything about himself during club time, he's very task-oriented. Any question I ever had about him personally was quickly dodged. He's only joined the club recently, too, and I'm not sure what club he was in beforehand. It might do you some good to find that out." Jade emphasized.

Yuu grinned, "Thanks, Jade! That helps a lot."

Floyd stood, smirking, "It'd probably be good to also find out whatever repressed emotions that guy's got hidden, ya know, so you can make him overblot and overcome his childhood trauma like the others." He jabbed, specifically speaking to his boss, Azul Ashengrotto, whom he knew was listening in on the conversation.

A distant "That's not what happened!" was heard from across the lounge.

Yuu groaned, "Does everyone really think it's me causing the overblots?"

"Well not everyone, but probably most people here at NRC," Jade added, not helping.

Yuu groaned louder, placing their head in their hands, "Well, thanks anyway for the information. It was a great help."

"Certainly. Enjoy your evening." Jade nodded and dismissed himself, Floyd following suit.

The group had finished their dinner by now.

"Well, it's definitely... something, to go off of," Ace said.

Deuce shrugged, "Maybe we can find a book about the place? I mean, I've never even heard of it."

"We'll save that for tomorrow." Yuu decided, "You two better be off to your dorm soon, or it'll be 'off with your heads'."

Ace checked the clock hanging in the lunge as he stood from his seat, the other following. "Oh, crap! You're right, we gotta get going. See ya tomorrow!" He grabbed Deuce, who said a rushed goodbye and goodnight to Yuu and Grim, and the two ran out of the lounge and presumably to the Hall of Mirrors.

Yuu and Grim began their walk back to Ramshackle dorm and turned in for the night.

———————————————————————

"No. It's not right. THROW IT AWAY!"

"But sir, I think it looks — "

"It looks WRONG. It's not me. Throw it away."

Connor sighed, "Sir, Remus spent a long time painting it."

You groaned, your head in your hands, "Yes, and I can see his talent — it'd be a masterpiece if it only looked like me. It's far too feminine. Too pale. Too sad. DO IT AGAIN!"

Remus frowned, taking the painting and waltzing off.

You rubbed your temples with your fingers; a habit that's been getting worse lately.

"Look, Connor. I value your opinion, and you know that." Your began.

"It doesn't feel like it." He scowls.

You cross your arms, "I do. I wouldn't have made you my vice house warden if I didn't. But that painting just... didn't feel right."

Connor shook his head, "You've been saying that a lot lately. 'this doesn't feel right', 'That doesn't feel right'... what does feel right to you?"