Perhaps Yesterday (01)

Perdu à Nice (Lost in Nice)

Life went on, but it was never the same again.

Clea Athena Custodio Agustin is only 23 years old and yet, she's more mature than her age. Experience and heartache taught her that.

Being back in the French Republic after 2 years felt bittersweet. This is where she lost the love of her life. This is also the place where they conceived.

Her heart aches once more upon remembering her unborn child. She's still blaming herself for it. If only she's stronger, she wouldn't have lost the baby.

She wasn't even sure of the gender yet when God took it from her. She almost lost her sanity because of it.

She was just thankful that her family never faltered to support her. It took her a year before she was back on her feet and decided to start looking for her missing fiancè.

Naglakas loob siyang hinarap ang magulang nito and they told her that they aren't aware that Albert is missing.

It turned out that Albert runaway from home when they went in France before. She can still remember the panic in the Senator's wife eyes when they learned of the truth.

Since then, they helped her to find Albert. The last information they gathered is that Albert was spotted in France.

And that is the reason she's here. Inside her bag are the addresses of his possible location.

She's not meant to land in Nice though, but there was a mix-up with her tickets which she's blaming to her secretary. Nice was supposed to be the last place on her list. She just need to pick-up something in there, turned out it's going to be the first one on her list.

She specifically instructed Kim to book a flight to Paris, France but her secretary was too busy to flirt with the editor Gerald and she booked her a flight to Nice instead, and it was too late to change the destination, so now she have no choice but to have a side trip in Nice.

She looked around, there are a lot of people. It's no wonder since Nice Côte d'Azur Airport is the third busiest airport in France.

She was glad she wore comfortable clothes for her flight. She's wearing a green floor length dress and a denim jacket. It's December almost the winter season, she might need to change for winter clothes later.

Pulling her medium sized luggage and her Louis Vuitton Keepal-45 carry-on bag, she made her way to the immigration to present her Schengen visa. It was a quick detour since it wasn't her first time to travel in the EU.

She have a dual citizenship since she was born in Italy, but she wasn't able to renew her Italian passport. Hindi na rin naman sila bumalik doon after she and her Mom went back to the Philippines when she was just a wee baby.

As she walks towards the exit of the airport where she knew her hired tour guide is waiting for her, she couldn't help but to admire the view.

The airport boasts its' 360 degree view of the Nice coastal area. It would be nicer if it's an open space so travellers can breathe in the sea breeze- she thought to herself but just shrugged her shoulders.

She isn't here for sight-seeing but since she's already here due to her secretary's incompetence, she decided to enjoy a 5-day tour here, hence she enlisted a help from a tour guide that Google recommended.

bellevisite.com offers 4N5D tour around Nice. It already included a 5 start hotel accommodation. The reason why she picked that company is because, it offered an exclusive tour.

Meaning— she'll get to have her own tour guide. She doesn't want to be in a group tour.

She sighed as she reached the exit and look around to check if her tour guide is already there.