Perhaps Yesterday (Prologue)

Le soleil se couche à Paris (Sun Sets in Paris)

"Ten-ten-tenen-ten-tenten!" Clea was happily humming the wedding march while wearing her bridal gown.

She's getting married tomorrow! She's so excited and she's smiling from ear to ear.

Albert, her groom is the most loving man anyone could ever ask for. So when he asked her to elope with him, she did.

She's just 21 years old. She knows she's still young but what can she do? She's in-love!

Her phone rings and she answered it with a big smile. It's him.

"Hello Mahal!" She greeted enthusiastically.

"Hi Mahal! How are you feeling? How's our little peanut?" He asked and she caressed her still flat tummy.

She's three weeks pregnant. Another reason why they decided to elope. If her father found out about it, she doesn't know how he will react.

"We're okay honey, we just miss you so much!" She said pouting even though she knows he cannot see her.

"Aww. I miss you too, Mahal. We're getting married tomorrow! I can't wait!"

"Me too." She said and reached for the small box on the top of her drawer. Inside is his wedding ring.

"Mahal? I'm worried." He suddenly said and she took a deep breath.

She knows what he is worried about.

"I am too. My family are going to be furious Albert." She stated worriedly, she knows his family are going to be mad as well.

They kept their relationship hidden for a year now, not because they are ashamed of it but of their lives are exposed in the public eyes.

Her's being the heiress of the biggest media conglomerate in the country and him being the son of one most famous senator in the country.

She's a part-time model and a photographer aside from managing their fashion magazine. While he is being groomed to be in the politics like his forefathers.

They cannot deal with all the ruckus early in the relationship.

Her's and Albert relationship wasn't fairytale story. Really, it's actually boring.

They met in a photoshoot. He's her client and ever since they met, Albert pursued her.

The excitement was not the chase but the game of hide and seek from the media and their families.

He pursued her for five months and here they are two years later and they will get married tomorrow at sunset by the foot of the Eiffel Tower.

"Hey, we can do this okay? I'll hung up na so you can catch on your beauty sleep." Paalam na nito na tila nagmamadali.

"Okay Mahal, by the way have you bought the peaches and pears na?" She asked. It's her pregnancy cravings.

"Yup! I'll send it tomorrow, for now magpahinga muna kayo ni baby peanut! I love you mahal!"

"Yes po. I love you too." She answered before ending the call.

"Oh my! Clea! Why are you wearing your gown!" Menchu, her bestfriend and one of the person who will stand as their witness for their big day tomorrow exclaimed upon seeing her.

"Si O.A ka naman! Baka kasi kailangan ng last minute adjustment. Mabuti na yung sigurado." She said as she fixes herself in front of the mirror again.

"Pero Clea, diba nga? May kasabihan, hindi daw dapat sinusukat kasi baka hindi matuloy ang kasal!"