𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔶

📍 Camelot

📍 Camelot

July, 506 AD

[warnings: horror scenes, death]

In an attempt to cheer up the Prince, I went to the lower town and bought a simple gold-coated chalice, which I then had the local carpenter nail to a little wooden trapezoidal prism; and, using the tip of my pocketknife, I carved a barely intelligible 'Always #1' on one side of the wood. The result wasn't too aesthetically pleasing (or at all), but it was a humorous sight at the very least. So, fairly satisfied with my improvised work, I made my way to Arthur's room.

"Hey. Uh. They didn't have any trophies, but I tried my best," I told him shyly as I handed him the object I'd made. An amused smile graced his lips as he studied my lame attempt to make him feel better about losing. "Sorry, it's fugly," I added, biting my lip as I waited for further reaction.

"I love it, Astra. Thank you," he finally said, pulling me into a hug. I sighed contentedly against his warm body, wishing that I could freeze time and stay there forever. 

Then I thought better of it. If I could freeze time, I would do so when I'm riding Dallas as he jumps over a fallen log or something. Or, even better, I wouldn't freeze time at all. It would probably get boring after a while.

Arthur pulled away and went to place the dumb trophy atop his bedside table. 

I instantly missed his touch. 

I wanna change my answer to the time-freezing question.

"Um. Are you feeling better?" he then asked, returning to stand in front of me. 

I shrugged. "Don't worry about me, it'll be over soon," I said, then went back to nibbling on my bottom lip, not liking how the attention had shifted to my troubles. 

He narrowed his eyes at me as his hands lifted to my shoulders, holding me in place as he seemed to analyse my expression. 

"What do you mean by that?" he wondered. 

I puffed. "I mean that I've identified a pattern, and it indicates that I should be able to sleep normally again in one or two more nights," I explained. 

That didn't seem to ease up his mind in the slightest. In fact, he looked even more concerned.

Merlin abruptly entered the room, making us jump apart. 

"Oh. Hey, Merls!" I cheered. 

He narrowed his eyes at me. "We are having that talk. Now," he ordered, acting unusually grumpy. I wondered if he'd spoken to Gilli and that's what had him in a bad mood. 

"I was just getting to that," Arthur informed him through gritted teeth. 

"I thought we agreed to do it together!" the sorcerer turned to the Prince, looking offended.