chapter forty-six

2773 words. you're welcome

_______________________________

Chapter 46

Mina Alise Bennett took a sip of her fourth coffee for today, before flipping through one of the Bennett family grimores, filled with spells ranging in subjects. Pulling her legs in, she put the book in her lap, pushing the page over when she realized that particular resurrection spell wouldn't work on vampires. She had been at this for hours. Looking and searching through books only to get pissed off and give up for about an hour. Only to start searching again.

She groaned when a knock at her door stopped her from her research. "Unfortunately, Marcel, I'm unavailable if you need a witch."

When the doorknob twisted open, she was met face-to-face with her cousin. Bonnie raised her hands in surrender. "I'm not Marcel, but I am looking for a witch."

Mina smiled and pushed the book off her and to the foot of the bed she was sitting on. "What's up, Bon? Did you and Klaus figure out a solution?" While she was dying to see Elijah again, there was nothing more exciting than preparing to meet the youngest member of their family.

Bonnie nodded slowly. Moving a strand of hair out of her face, she walked towards Mina's bed, sitting on the end, but still facing her cousin. She looked around as ripped-out pages with spells on them covered most of the room on the large, un-made bed. "But first, I kinda wanted to check in on you. I'm sorry I haven't been able to devote much time to–"

"It's fine," Mina stopped her with a small smile. She already knew what her selfless cousin was about to say. "You're pregnant, Bonnie. I don't expect Elijah to be on the top of your list."

"I know, I know," Bonnie said slowly. "But ever since Elyza left... I don't know. You just seem lonely. You were there during one of my toughest times, and I want to be here for yours."

Mina looked down as Bonnie grabbed her hands. She groaned as she felt the familiar sting of tears. Thinking about Elijah too much always did this to her. "I never thought I could miss someone so much," she admitted. A tear rolled down her face. "I feel bad. I feel guilty."

"For what?" Bonnie asked, scooting closer to her cousin.

"He tried so many times to get us back together, and it just feels like if I hadn't been so stubborn, we would've had more time."

Bonnie shook her head. "He hurt you, Mina. You deserved time to deal with that," Bonnie sighed as she pushed the stack of papers over so she was now leaning on her cousin. "But I do think I have a solution."

Mina wiped the tears from her eyes. "What?" She mumbled. "Like... a way to bring him back?"

Bonnie nodded. Sliding off the bed, she stood up. "Do you know what a Nexus Vorti is?"

"Yeah," Mina said slowly not knowing where this was going. "An event so rare it's almost a miracle."

"When it happens, it can be channeled to do some very powerful magic."

"I thought I was smarter than this, but I really don't know what you're getting at, Bon," Mina admitted. "I'm confused."

"I was thinking about what I said earlier... about why I couldn't put my magic away."

Mina nodded again, sliding to the edge of the bed. "Yeah, you said that you're a Bennett witch carrying a magical mir–"

Bonnie grinned at her pause. "Yep."

"You think the baby's birth is a miracle?" Mina questioned. "I–"

"It's not just that I'm a Bennett witch birthing a baby, but a child of the original hybrid," Bonnie explained, getting closer to her cousin with every step. "Name a single time in history that this has happened."