Chapter 3: Hatred Unveiled

As whispers of Chara's dark past echoed through the corridors of the Underground, Sans found himself caught in a whirlwind of conflicting emotions, his heart heavy with the weight of betrayal and mistrust. He had heard the rumors before, of course – everyone had – but there was something about the way they seemed to linger in the air, like a foul stench that refused to dissipate, that left Sans feeling unsettled. He tried to push the doubts and suspicions that gnawed at him to the back of his mind, to focus on the present rather than dwelling on the past, but try as he might, Sans couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to Chara than met the eye.

It wasn't that Sans didn't want to believe in Chara – far from it – but there was something about the whispers of their past actions that left him feeling uneasy, a nagging doubt that whispered in the back of his mind, urging him to tread carefully around this enigmatic figure. He had seen Chara's kindness, their compassion, their unwavering dedication to their friends, but there was a darkness lurking beneath the surface that left Sans feeling uneasy, a sense of foreboding that hung in the air like a storm cloud on the horizon.

As Sans attempted to reconcile the Chara he knew with the villainous figure painted by their sordid history, he found himself caught in a web of conflicting emotions, his heart torn between his growing affection for Chara and the harsh realities of their past. He wanted to believe that Chara had changed, that they were truly sorry for the pain they had caused, but deep down, Sans couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to the story than Chara was letting on. He wanted to trust them, to believe that they were worthy of redemption, but as the whispers grew louder and the shadows deepened, Sans couldn't help but wonder if some sins were too great to be forgiven.