Chapter 9: Sans's Inner Struggle

Caught in the maelstrom of emotions that raged within him, Sans found himself wrestling with conflicting feelings that threatened to tear him apart from the inside out. Guilt gnawed at him like a ravenous beast, its claws sinking deep into his soul as he grappled with the weight of his own inadequacies and failings. Try as he might to push the doubts and insecurities that plagued him to the back of his mind, they refused to be silenced, their whispers growing louder with each passing day until they drowned out all other thoughts, leaving Sans adrift in a sea of uncertainty and self-doubt.

He tried to bury himself in his work, to lose himself in the monotonous routine of his daily life, but try as he might, Sans couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness that gnawed at him, a void that seemed to grow larger with each passing day. He wanted to be there for Chara, to support them in their time of need, but he couldn't shake the feeling that he was somehow inadequate, that no matter how hard he tried, he would never be enough.

As he watched Chara struggle with their own demons, Sans couldn't help but feel a sense of helplessness washing over him, a nagging doubt that whispered in the back of his mind, urging him to do something – anything – to ease their pain. He wanted to be the one to make Chara smile, to chase away the shadows that haunted them in the darkness of the night, but try as he might, Sans couldn't shake the feeling that he was somehow powerless to make a difference.