Chapter 1: Bitter Reunion

You are at Young Neil's house tuning your guitar as Scott Pilgrim's band, Sex Bob-Omb, started rehearsing their song.

High school student Knives Chau sat next to Young Neil as she watched on in interest.

Knives: "Aren't you going to play with them, Y/N?"

"Nah, I'm just tuning up my instrument. And besides, I don't want the band to get noticed just because of me."

Scott: "Yeah, I'm not a fan of us getting popular just because of someone else. No offense."

"None taken. Just do your thing."

Sex Bob-Omb played "I Feel Fine" with Knives being the only one saying that they are awesome.

Knives: "Hey, Y/N? Scott says you're an actor. Is that true?"

"Yeah, from time to time, but I just do a few episodes or scenes here and there. It does pay the bills though."

Afterwards, you went back to your house, which is filled with records, music notes, and speakers. You began practicing to prepare for a demo you're planning to do.

Two days later, you are at the Rockit looking to see Sex Bob-Omb perform there. As they began their song, someone burst through the roof and flew toward Scott.

Scott deflected the man's attack and he introduces himself.

Matthew: "It is I... Matthew Patel, Ramona's first evil ex-boyfriend."