Chapter 27: Blurred Lines

"Why don't we go to your house instead?!"

In front of your porch, you wiggle your body unwillingly like a child—not wanting to face your dad after the stunt he pulled this morning. Watching you, seemingly in patience, Tyler slowly exhales—before tilting his head and jostling your head in annoyance.

"You really want me to die, huh?"

Shaking his hands out of your head, you retort, "Listen! He never wanted to meet my dates either way—and from my past experiences—"

"Well I'm not them, babygirl," Tyler interjects smoothly, a disgusting smirk plays on his lips as he bounces his eyebrows suggestively.

Receiving major ick vibes, you give him the side eye, squinting your eyes before mumbling, "Damn, that's cringe. Even for you."

Completely ignoring your disgusted expression, Cavill continues bouncing his eyebrows proudly—but in a blink, he suddenly switches into a serious manner. Straightening his posture, he lifted his head slightly upward, gaze becoming more intense—piercing through you with a sense of purpose.

"What makes one a gentleman is bringing his date safe and sound to her daddy's doorstep. So just—let me have this moment of testosteroneness for a Goddamn minute, won't cha?"

Tyler's sudden passive aggressive maturity makes you pout-nodding. Sensing your once judgmental perception of him on the way turning into something, he rolls his eyes. "We'll go home and knock on that door. End of discussion." Tyler arrests firmly, placing a reassuring hand behind your waist as he guides you toward the steps.

"Wow. How did you become such a green flag?"

Pursing his lips in enjoyable pride, he boasts, "Didn't someone keep showing me her fanfic references?" At his unexpected outburst, you laugh out loud, contagiously making him chuckle as well.

You both stand on the porch—yet, Tyler seems momentarily hesitant, his gaze shifts between you—and the front door. His hand poised to knock.. only to retract it at the last moment. He turns back to you, and as his eyes meet yours, a soft.. gentle smile graces his lips. Reluctantly, he reaches out his hand towards you.. to land it softly on your head.

Ugh, am I really enjoying getting patted in the head? Moreover—by the Tyler. Cavill?! Are you fucking serious Emilia Winters?! Wait but—is he.. a little bit trembling?

You can't help but notice his slight nervousness—but hell—you couldn't dare to assume that it's nervousness. His fingers brush through your hair with delicate tenderness, sending shivers down your spine—ah, probably cos it's a little bit colder than usual tonight. But then, cutting through your thoughts like a gentle breeze, he softly smiles.

"Thank you, Emilia Winters."

Even just hearing this type of voice coming from him makes your heart skip a beat. You try so hard to settle them as you take a shaky inhale—before mustering the courage to ask,

"For what?"

Now you watch his smile grow bigger as his gaze shifts to your head—probably for hiding his.. yes—his nervousness. Until he exhales an 'as if a weight has been lifted from his shoulders' exhale.. and meets your eyes directly.

"For giving me faith in forever."

...

What does he mean? Faith.. in.. forever? Does that mean we're.. forever—well, yeah, but what kind of forever though—the best friend forever kind of forever? Or—