Chapter 3: Goku and Chichi's Wedding

It has been a few days since Kagome first arrived in the park where Goku and his two friends, Krillin and Yamcha, had found her injured. Kagome was now living in the Capsule Corp with Bulma and her parents. They treated her like she was their family. It was then they asked her to be their adoptive daughter since she didn't have a place to live, so Kagome agreed. She is now Kagome Brief instead of Kagome Higurashi.

She has to admit she had a new place to live. Especially being around Bulma and her parents. Lastly, she has to admit she missed her family. She was hoping they were doing okay. She even wondered what they thought of her since the last time she saw them.

Then the phone rang from the nightstand shelf beside her bed. She picked it up and answered, "Hello?"

"Hey, Kags! It's Goku!"

She blinked. "Oh, hey, Goku. What's up?"

"Hey, Kagome, I was wondering if you and Bulma would come over to my wedding? We were thinking of inviting you girls there. If you guys don't think it's a good idea, I understand." Goku said through the phone.

"I would love to, Goku. It would be a great idea for me to leave the house and hang out with you. And so is Bulma. I'll get her out of the house." Kagome said.

"Really!? You guys really want to come!?" Goku exclaimed excitedly.

She nodded. "I'll tell Bulma first and see what she thinks of going to your wedding."

"Okay. That's great. Just let me know if you two agree to come over." Goku said.

"I will. See ya." Then she hung off the phone and went to tell Bulma that she got a phone call from Goku. She also told her that Goku was inviting them to his wedding.

Bulma let out an excited smile. "Why not? Of course, I would love to come over. It would be nice to see Goku again since the last time we saw him at the tournament."

Kagome smiled. "I'm glad you agreed."

***

And so they arrived at the wedding when Kagome knew they were happily married. The applause got more boisterous as Kagome watched Goku and Chichi make their grand entrance. They made their way to the dance floor as Goku swept Chichi into his arms, the music started as they had their first dance as husband and wife. Kagome knew they were happy together.

She looked down, feeling lonely sometimes. She does wish one day when she finds someone who she truly likes someday, she will be married and have a happy family.

"Kagome? Is anything okay?" Bulma asked, worried.

"Oh, I always cried about the wedding," Kagome chuckled, rubbing the back of her head.

"I understand." Bulma smiled.

As dinner was winding down, Krillin stood up to make his best man speech. He made his way over to the microphone and got everyone's attention, turning to Goku and Chichi as he smiled.

"And now ladies and gentlemen it's time for the toasts, Chichi, for as long as I have known you, you have always been someone who has been able to find the joy in everything. I am so glad that you can share this ability to see the joy in everything with my best friend Goku. May your life together be joyous and full of love." Krillin said.

Everyone toasted the happy couple. Bulma stood up and walked over to Krillin she took the microphone from him and took a deep breath.

"I guess it's my turn now. Goku and Chichi, may you find joy with each other every day from this day forward. Congratulations and remember this special day always, as it is the day that brought you two together as husband and wife." Bulma said happily.

Chichi smiled at them as she blushed softly. "Thank you all so much!"

After the speeches came the father-daughter dance. The Ox-King stood up and took the microphone again.

"I'd like to have this opportunity to have the father-daughter dance with you, Chichi." The Ox-King said.

"I'd be honored, Daddy."

They walked out onto the dance floor and began to dance. After all of the family have danced with the bride and groom the floor is opened to the rest of the guests. The time finally came to cut the cake. It was a beautiful red and white three-tier wedding cake decorated with roses and a fountain underneath it. Chichi walked up to the cake, picked up the knife, and together made the first slice. They began to feed each other a piece of the cake while their guest applauded.

While everyone is enjoying their dessert, Goku and Chichi sneak out to have more pictures taken. As they finished up the dancing began again.

The night wore on and it was time for their grand exit. Bulma took Chichi back upstairs so she could change into her getaway dress. Once Chichi was changed she came downstairs and met Goku in the hall.

Goku took Chichi by the hand and made their way to the getaway car. When they got to the car, the crowd cheered and cried for Chichi to throw her bouquet. Chichi turned around and tossed her bouquet and Kagome was the one who ended up catching it. After that, Goku and Chichi say their goodbyes, get in the car, and drive off.

After that, Kagome was blushing heavily while holding the bouquet and staring at it. Then Bulma came up to her as she had already seen it.

"Ohh, who are you going to marry, Kagome?" Bulma teased her with a smirk on her face.

Kagome looked away, still blushing heavily before the bouquet to Bulma. "I don't know yet... I just don't know."