⊰𝟏⊱

A betrayal, an invasion? Those two were something Kayatsya would never expect to happen now. But here she is, sitting at her desk, looking blankly at the letter sent from none other than Irma.

Simply saying that the invasion was planned years ago, the moment they formed an alliance.

And that she wasn't sorry. Irma really did change over the years huh?
Kayatsya actually expected the invasion to happen, just, not this early and sudden.

Kayatsya's blood boiled, but her heart was broken, and her mind was full of questions.

Why? Why did her, now, past ally betray her? What if Irma wins, and takes Kayatsya's land away from her?

And if she does, what will happen to her 4 children?

Innocent, mindless children-- except Promee.

Kayatsya and Irma have been friends since 4th Grade, and just 2 decades later-

It broke. The friendship has come to its end. Maybe, this is just how it's supposed to be.

There's no other choice but to switch sides. If she switches sides, she'll have to work with her nemesis: Armeni.

But if she doesn't, she's no match to Irma's current military strength. She'll definitely lose, if not, that's just luck.

Even if it means Kayatsya has to work with Armeni, at least there's a higher possibility of victory.

-After scrambling through her thoughts, she made her final decision.

Switch sides.

Not surprising, who wouldn't want to win anyways?

Now, how should she explain her request of joining the other side to Armeni?

+++++++

"You want to join us?!" Armeni wheezed, "Out of anyone on this earth, I'd never expect YOU to actually work together with me."

Kayatsya stared at Armeni with an annoyed expression. How can you be so obnoxious, yet, so professional? This is the person everyone relies on?

"So, tell me- Other than for victory, why do you plan on joining us?" Asked Armeni.

"If I'm not wrong, you wouldn't like it if anyone, especially Irma or me- to win a war when they're not on your side." Kayatsya replied.

"The only reason the Treuesreich have not reached Asmenoi is because I'm blocking their access," Kayatsya continued, "And if Irma manages to defeat me, she'll take over Asmenoi together with Uso.."

Kayatsya is the only reason Irma hasn't achieved victory. The original plan to deal with Irma's actions was to have highly secured borders. One in the West with Marceau and the other in the East with Kayatsya. Unfortunately, with Marceau's stupidity, ignorance and selfishness, Irma managed to take over the western lands. Now, only Archie's country stays strong in the West. And Irma has already confiscated 70% of the eastern territory. But Kayatsya's intuition tells her that Archie is likely to surrender.

As for Armeni's role, who knows?

(The meeting has neared its end.)

"I'm sure we're done with the meeting now?" Chuckled Armeni, nervously.

"Right, it seems like we've reached the end of our conversation. I won't bother you anymore now." Replied Kayatsya.

As Kayatsya was gathering her documents and preparing to leave the meeting room, someone was suddenly heard knocking on the door violently, demanding to have a talk with Armeni.