Chapter 1

This story randomly popped into my head and I just had to write it out, I really wanted to write an HSMTMTS and JATP, so please tell me what you think!

I just want to say that I have no hatred with Nini or how she is portrayed, but in this story, she just isn't as nice as she was in the show. Anyways some context: Ricky can see ghosts and was friends with Willie (JATP) when he was younger, but Willie disappeared and he eventually met Big Red, Nini and Kourtney, Ricky has seen HSM because the girls made him and Big Red watch it when they were younger.

Anyway, the beginning of the story happens the same way it does in the show; Nini confesses her love to Ricky via social media (which is a strange way to do it if you ask me) but breaks up with him when he doesn't say it back, meets EJ at theatre camp. That's about it because Ricky decided that his friendship with Nini was more important than their romantic relationship and just wants to be friends again, but Nini doesn't want anything to do with him and...well, you'll just have to see.

TW: mention of self-harm

____________________________________________________________________________

Ricky sighed heavily as he entered East High after a long summer vacation, he wasn't looking forward to school because 1) it was high school and 2) he had to see his ex-girlfriend Nini again and they hadn't talked since the breakup. Nini had decided to say 'I love you' to Ricky, on social media of all places and then had looked at him as if she expected him to say it back and Ricky's mind froze. He always thought Nini was comfortable with how their relationship was, never needing to say the words but apparently, he was wrong, he had tried to lay it off gently but she kicked him out of her room, saying she needed a break, and from his own experience, it meant that she was going to disappear for a few months and then come back.

The day after, he had gone to her house only to discover that she had already left for an acting camp, her moms had invited him in and said that it was by all means not his fault, he wasn't ready and Nini needed to understand that and they thought Theatre camp was perfect for that. But a few days later a new post appeared on Nini's account, it was a photo of her and a senior named E.J with the description 'boyfriend eva! 3' and Ricky felt something in him that he hadn't felt in years when his friend had abandoned him. But at the same time, he was happy, Nini had found someone who could make her happy unconditionally, he had worried that he would make her upset throughout their relationship and he was right, he just hoped Nini still wanted to be friends, he couldn't lose anymore...

Ricky was 3 when he met his first friend, Ricky had been playing in his front yard, lazily bouncing a ball when he saw a teenage boy on a skateboard and asked him to play with him, forgetting his parents' rules about 'stranger danger'.

"You can see me?!" the boy asked in disbelief and Riky nodded

"Yeah, names Wicky, what's your name?"

"Ricky huh? nice to meet you. You can call me Willie" The boy grinned and joined him in playing with the ball, since then Willie had hung out with him many times but for some reason no one else could see him. His parents thought Ricky had a very active imagination and left the boy alone, when he was 6 he had begged Willie to teach him to ride a skateboard, Willie agreed but only if he had his own board which he did. But then one day, Willie disappeared without any explanation, but he met new ones at school; Big Red, Nini and Courtney, his friends gave him relief when his parents started to argue and over the years, their arguments grew and grew and Ricky leaned more and more on his friends, wanting their stability and support. To this day, he still relied on them, but Courtney had all but stopped speaking to him, always taking her best friend's side, luckily he had his own Courtney. Big Red had his back through the whole summer, letting him stay over at his house when the fighting got too much for him to handle.