Chapter 5: Wake Up

Enjoy reading :)

Picture of Nick Bateman as Cameron

Beep, beep, beep.

What is that sound? Where is it coming from?

I tried to open my eyes but I can't my eyelids are too heavy to open. I tried to open my mouth, but I only succeed for a couple of centimeters, my throat is dry when I try to swallow I made a sound of protest once I did that, and suddenly I heard something scraping, and I could feel that somebody or someone move at my side. Is he talking to me? He is calling me Aleksei, is that my name? Who is he? Where am I?

I tried to open my eyes again, and it open but close it immediately, it is too bright. The person beside me said to close the curtain, and then he asked me to open my eyes slowly. And I open it, first it's blurry for a couple of seconds, I try to blink the blurriness away and then I could see properly. I look around; I was in a white room. Where am I? I furrowed and think, but nothing. What's happening? Why I don't remember something or anything.

"Aleksei" said again by the person who is standing still beside me. I look at him properly and try to remember if I know him, again nothing. He removed the plastic cover thing in my mouth.

I open my mouth "I-is that my name?" as I try to ask. "Oh! Water, water, where is water?" said by this person beside me, he open a bottle of water and put a straw to it. He dragged me up gently to sit me up and he put the bottle in front of me so I could sip, I try to hold it but I don't have the strength. When I'm done he lay me down again, and sit beside me.

"Well they call Sam in your previous pack. But your real name is Aleksei Reece Daniels. I am your biological brother, my name is Cameron." he said.

"Cameron." I say it out loud and look at him. His bright blue eyes light up when I say his name and got teary eyed. "Where am I, Cameron?" I ask and look around again.

"You are in the hospital." he said sadly to me

"Why I'm here?" I ask as I involuntary yawn.

"I'll tell you some other time, you have to take a rest first to regain your strength." he said as he pats my hand.

"Will-will you be here when I wake up?" Suddenly I'm scared of being alone. Trying not to close my eyes, I wanted know if he would be here.

"Yes, I will be here. I would never lose you again, Little Cloud." he confirm as I close my eyes.

_________________

"What do you mean he doesn't remember anything?" I heard the person ask. He is not Cameron.

"I don't know, he ask me if his name is Aleksie and asking why he was in the hospital." that's Cameron voice, he is here. "Let's ask him again when he wakes up, he just fall asleep for a couple of hours." he continue talking to the person.

"What did the doctor said?" ask by a gentle voice, a girl? Or woman?

"He said when Aleksei wake up, we call him to check him up again." answered by a deep but smooth voice.

I stir from my bed to tell them that I'm already awake. They turn around when they hear the squeak of the bed, and they immediately surrounded me. I look all of them, to know if I remember one of these persons, nope, I don't know them, Cameron is the only I know.

"Hello Sam, how do you feel?" ask by the person who is at right side. I look at him confuse.

"W-ho are you? Sam? I thought my real name is Aleksei?" I look at the person and then I look Cameron.