Chapter 4: Morning After

Karan woke up to a pounding headache, greeted by Arshia and a hangover remedy. As he sipped the concoction, the memories of the previous night trickled back.

"What happened last night?" he inquired, to which Arshia casually mentioned his intervention in a certain altercation, much to Karan's amusement.

"Just another night of protecting Akshu," Karan sighed, acknowledging his tendencies to safeguard Akshara from unwanted attention.

Arshia: "Here, take this hangover drink. You'll feel better."

Karan: (drinking the drink) "What did I do last night?"

Arshia: "Nothing much, just taught a lesson to a guy who was bothering Akshu."

Karan: "Oh, okay then. Thanks."

As Arshia prepared to leave, Karan, now nursing his hangover, permitted her departure. Arshia, ever the responsible doctor, reminded Karan of his CEO privileges to take a day off.

Arshia: "I should go now. Patients need me, and you're the CEO, you can take a day off whenever you want."

Karan: "Yeah, yeah, go ahead. Besides, it's just a hangover drink, don't make a big deal out of it."

As Akshara dropped Abhir at school, she felt a rush of nerves knowing that today was her recording day. It had been six years since she last sang, and the pressure was weighing on her.

Akshara: (to herself) "You can do this, Akshara. Just take it one step at a time."

Meanwhile, Akshara embarked on a significant day. Dropping Abhir at school, she grappled with both maternal duties and the impending recording session. The recording marked her return to singing after a hiatus of six years.

As she entered the studio, nerves tingling, Akshara prepared to pour her soul into the melody, the notes carrying the weight of her emotions and the resilience that defined her journey.

At Birla House

In the corridors of Birla House, Manjiri's concerns echoed, her anxiety manifesting in words. The absence of calls from Abhimanyu fueled her apprehensions, casting a shadow over her maternal heart.

"It's been so long; I don't know how my son is doing. He did not pick up my call from here and who cares about him apart from me. No one even bothers to call him. And I have not called himself. Have he forgotten how many responsibilities he has here? I am there, Aarohi and Ruhi is my little one, that too is Abhimanyu's responsibility. Let him come home, for this I will get him married to Aarohi.  Otherwise my name is also not Manjiri Birla."               Manjiri fretted, her worries etched on her face.

Aarohi, standing firm in her decisions, countered her mother's worries. Embracing her status as Neel's widow and Ruhi's mother, she asserted her contentment in the life she had chosen.

"Maa, enough. I won't marry Abhimanyu. I am content being Neel's widow and Ruhi's mother. I don't need Abhimanyu or anyone else to complete my life. And I won’t let anyone take Neel’s place in Ruhi and my life.," Aarohi declared, her resolve unyielding against the pressure to remarry.

Then Mahima said "Manjiri you know what Because of these words of yours, Abhimanyu did not pick up your call and what were you saying, none of us is concerned about him, no one calls him, we all call him but he is not picking up. We all, are not like you, do not call him the whole day, he is a doctor. He has gone there for some work, currently his biggest responsibility is in Mumbai, his patient is there. One more thing Manjiri, you have already lost one son, now if you do not stop these activities of yours, you will lose the other one too." Saying this Mahima walked away.