Chapter 14: The Battle Begins ⚔️

Abhimanyu overheard the entire conversation between Arshiya and Samaira. Furious with Manjari, he muttered to himself, "I can't believe Mrs.Birla could do something like this. How could she?" Determined to confront her, he was about to leave for home when Dr. Rohan entered his cabin.

"Sir, there's a critical emergency patient, and no senior doctors are available right now. Dr. Anand and Dr. Mahima are out at a medical conference, and Dr. Aarohi is at home, which means it'll take a while for her to get here. We need you, sir," Dr. Rohan explained urgently.

Abhimanyu thought for a moment. "I'll talk to Mrs. Birla after the surgery," he decided and headed to the operating room.

Meanwhile, at the Goenka villa, preparations were in full swing for Kairav's prospective bride's family to arrive. Akshara felt a strange unease. She confided in Samaira, "I don't know why, but I feel really anxious, like something bad is going to happen."

Samaira tried to reassure her, "You've been under a lot of stress these past few days. Maybe that's why you're feeling this way. Try to relax."

As Samaira walked away, the doorbell rang unexpectedly. A man appeared at the entrance. Akshara approached him, "Who are you? What do you want?"

The man looked at her intently and asked, "Are you Miss Akshara Goenka?"

Akshara stood firm, facing the man. "Yes, I am Akshara Goenka. What do you need?"

The man cleared his throat and replied, "I'm a lawyer, and these are custody papers for your son, Abhir, sent by his grandmother."

Akshara's face went pale with shock. By this time, the rest of the family had gathered and heard everything. The lawyer continued, "Ma'am, you should send Abhir to his grandmother as soon as possible. You won't win this court case. There's no lawyer in Udaipur who can defeat me."

Akshara remained speechless, trembling with disbelief. Meanwhile, the family members were seething with anger towards Manjari. Naksh and Kirti expressed their frustration, "Just because we didn't confront her before, she thinks she can do whatever she wants. This is unacceptable!"

Manish was visibly upset, muttering, "Manjari Birla is the worst person I have seen till date?"

Rajshri, Devyani, and Suhasini tried to comfort Akshara, who was still in a state of shock. Samaira stepped forward, facing the lawyer. "You might be unbeatable in Udaipur, but we'll find someone outside who can take you on."

The lawyer smirked, "And who will that be? Are you a lawyer?"

Samaira replied confidently, "Yes, I will take on this case."

The lawyer laughed mockingly, "We'll see about that in court."

Just then, Manjari arrived at the scene. She looked at Akshara and sneered, "I told you I'd take your child away from you. And now, I'm doing it."

Naksh, infuriated, shouted, "Do you have any humanity left in you? We forgave you, and you keep doing these heartless things!"

Abhimanyu arrived at the Goenka villa and realized what was happening. He started his bike and rushed towards the villa. As he entered, he saw his mother being scolded by the entire family. Despite the chaos, Manjari shamelessly defended herself.

Akshara saw Abhimanyu and ran towards him, her eyes filled with tears. "What did I do to deserve this? First, you threw me out, then your mother kept us apart, and now she's trying to take my child away. Are you supporting her in this too?"