Chapter 9: Unmasking the Past (Part I) 🎭

Arshia's eyes widened as the realization hit her. "So, you're not just Akshara anymore; you're AKG now, ready to confront them head-on."

Akshara smirked, her eyes gleaming with determination. "Exactly."

Arshia nodded, stepping back to let Akshara handle the situation. Akshara looked at the picture in her locket.

The Birlas, including Manjari, watched as Akshara took the stage, sensing that something significant was about to happen

Akshara took a deep breath and began her speech. "Thank you all for being here today to honor my mother, Naira Goenka. Her passion for dance and her love for teaching have left an indelible mark on all of us."

As she spoke, her eyes met Manjari's, and she continued with a steely determination. "Today is not just a day of remembrance, but also a day to celebrate the values she stood for-respect, dignity, and the courage to stand up for oneself."

Manjari shifted uncomfortably in her seat, sensing the underlying message in Akshara's words.

Akshara went on, "I want to take this moment to address something important. In life, we all face moments where we are tested, where our self-worth is questioned. But it's how we respond to these challenges that define us."

The crowd was silent, hanging on her every word. Akshara's voice grew stronger, filled with conviction. "Yesterday, I was reminded that there are still people who do not value respect and dignity. Today, I stand here not just as Naira Goenka's daughter, but as someone who has inherited her strength and resilience."

Arshia watched with admiration as Akshara turned to the Birla family. "I want to thank everyone who has truly supported me and my family. Your presence here today means the world to us. And to those who have underestimated us, let this memorial be a reminder that we will always rise above."

Manjari's face turned red, but she remained silent, unable to counter the grace and strength with which Akshara spoke.

Akshara concluded her speech with a heartfelt message, "Let us honor my mother by embodying the values she held dear, and by supporting one another in the journey of life. Thank you."

The room erupted in applause, not just for Naira's memory, but for Akshara's powerful stand. As she stepped down from the stage, she felt a sense of liberation and triumph. She had not only honored her mother but also taken a decisive step in reclaiming her own dignity.

Arshiya joined her, a proud smile on her face. "You were amazing up there, Akshara."

Akshara hugged her tightly. "Thank you, Arshia. This is just the beginning. For Mumma, and for all of us."

As the applause died down, the host stepped forward, his voice ringing through the hall. "Thank you, Akshara, for those inspiring words. Now, I'd like to invite Kairav to the stage to share his thoughts and memories of our beloved Naira."