Volume 1 Chapter 2

.

On the following morning, with nervousness reaching its peak among the students, it was now time for the entrance exam.

For the protagonist, he's now in the locker room, donning his combat attire as he grabs his sheathed sword and slots into the hole in his left hip.

Just as he does that, someone covers his eyes.

???: Guess who~?

Onyx: I think it's Ruby Rose!

Onyx jokes, earning a laugh.

Yang: Wrong! It's Weiss Schnee!

Onyx: Haha, okay, Yang Xiao Long.

She uncovers his eyes as he turns to face her.

Yang: Good morning~! How you feeling?

Onyx: Good morning, and I'm feeling both excited and nervous though. But I'm also quite pumped.

Onyx replies with a smile while shaking his arms as Yang does a fist pump.

Yang: That's the spirit! Let's be pumped up together!

Onyx: Yeah!

Ruby and Oscar then walk over and as the former pouts at her older sister.

Ruby: Yang! Don't just ditch me like that! You already did that yesterday! We're supposed to stick together!

Oscar: Good to see you two rather... pumped up.

Yang: Of course! I'm gonna be in my element! And by the way, Ruby, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

Ruby strokes Crescent Rose while sighing happily, causing Oscar to nervously look at Yang.

Oscar: Does she... do this often?

Yang: You'd be surprised, Oscar.

Onyx: Ruby, you do know that you're not the only one going through this initiation.

Yang: Yeah, I mean, if you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby: Ugh! You sound like Dad! Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!

Oscar: I don't think milk works that way.

Ruby: Let me cope, Oscar!

Yang: How about when we form teams?

That seemed to strike a nerve as Ruby suddenly became nervous.

Ruby: U-Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your team or Onyx's or Oscar's team...

Oscar: (shrugs) I don't mind.

Onyx: I'm cool with whatever, to be honest.

Yang suddenly brings her hair around her shoulder and starts stroking it.

Yang: Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?

Ruby: Ah! My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?

Onyx: Woah, the audacity.

Onyx chimes in with a smirk.

Yang: What? No! Of course I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!